5 Things You Need to Know About the New White House Dog
The First Family has a new dog! Last night, the White House announced that the Obamas have welcomed a new furry friend into the mix. Here's what you need to know about the little bugger.
Photos: Happy Birthday, Malia Obama! Pics of her looking happy.
1. Her name is Sunny, and she's a Portuguese water dog just like their first dog, Bo.
2. What's with all the Poruguese water dogs? As the Obamas mentioned on their social media, they selected this breed for its hypoallergenic nature. Malia Obama is allergic to dogs!
OK! News: See Michelle Obama's first Instagram.
3. Sunny was born in June 2012, making her still a bit of a puppy. The White House reports that the Obamas chose her name based on her energetic and affectionate disposition.
- Malia Obama Looks Casually Cool on L.A. Coffee Run With Friend After Attending Sister Sasha's Graduation
- Michelle Obama Is Relieved She 'Didn't Mess Up' Her Daughters Malia & Sasha After Raising Them In The White House
- Jenna Bush Hager Is 'So Proud' Of Malia & Sasha Obama, Says They're 'Incredible & Independent Women'
4. Bo is loving his new playmate. First Lady Michelle Obama has said in the past that Bo needed a friend and wasn't getting enough social time with other dogs.
5. How to tell them apart? Bo is taller and has "tuxedo" coloring, with some white fluff on his chest. Sunny, meanwhile, is completely black.
What do you think of the White House's new addition? Are you a dog person, or a cat person? What other kind of cute animal would you love to see them add to the menagerie? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.