The First Family has a new dog! Last night, the White House announced that the Obamas have welcomed a new furry friend into the mix. Here’s what you need to know about the little bugger.
1. Her name is Sunny, and she’s a Portuguese water dog just like their first dog, Bo.
2. What’s with all the Poruguese water dogs? As the Obamas mentioned on their social media, they selected this breed for its hypoallergenic nature. Malia Obama is allergic to dogs!
3. Sunny was born in June 2012, making her still a bit of a puppy. The White House reports that the Obamas chose her name based on her energetic and affectionate disposition.
4. Bo is loving his new playmate. First Lady Michelle Obama has said in the past that Bo needed a friend and wasn’t getting enough social time with other dogs.
5. How to tell them apart? Bo is taller and has “tuxedo” coloring, with some white fluff on his chest. Sunny, meanwhile, is completely black.
What do you think of the White House’s new addition? Are you a dog person, or a cat person? What other kind of cute animal would you love to see them add to the menagerie? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!