"This is a great treat when you’re craving something sweet—yet healthy— for breakfast or brunch,” says two-time Dancing With the Stars champ Cheryl Burke of her delicious French toast, which contains less fat and sugar than traditional recipes. Catch her on this season of DWTS (Mondays on ABC), as she tries to win her third mirror ball trophy with partner Drew Carey.
Healthy French Toast Recipe (serves 4)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup vanilla, coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Stevia or sugar substitute
- 4 pieces of whole-grain challah bread
1. Mix the egg whites, milk and Stevia together. Soak the bread in the mixture.
2. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Grill the bread over medium head, turning until both sides are golden brown.
3. Serve with fruit, jam or top with sugar-free syrup.
Will you try Cheryl's french toast recipe? What is your favorite topping? Tell us in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine.