The Keeping Up With The Kardashian star shared a recipe exclusively with OK! Magazine for Turkey and Cheese Enchiladas, one of her family’s favorite comfort foods!
“I use leftover turkey for this, but you can also use rotisserie chicken,” she said.“To spice it up, I add chopped chipotle chiles to the sauce.”
For more Kardashian-Jenner meal ideas, check out Kris’ new cookbook, In the Kitchen with Kris!
TOTAL TIME:50 min.
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded jalapeño jack cheese
- 1 (19-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 6 (6-inch, fajita-size)flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onion to bowl and let cool; mix in turkey, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese,1/2 cup jalapeño jack cheese and 1/4cup enchilada sauce.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce across bottom of 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- To assemble: Pour remaining enchilada sauce into pie plate. Place 1 tortilla in sauce, add about1/2 cup turkey mixture to center of tortilla and roll.
- Place rolled enchilada seam side down in prepared baking dish; repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with cheddar and jack cheeses.
- Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes; let stand 5 minutes. Serve hot, topped with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro.