You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
OK LogoNEWS

Kyle Massey Explains Why He Missed Arraignment, Believes Shocking Allegations Were Based On 'Revenge'

Jun. 30 2021, Published 5:10 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Kyle Massey, the That’s So Raven actor who was accused of sending pornographic content to a 13-year-old girl, is speaking out against the recent allegations made against him — and why he missed his date in court.

Article continues below advertisement

As OK! previously reported, the 29-year-old was scheduled to appear on Monday, June 28, in King County Criminal Court in Washington, but never showed up. That same day, the former Disney Channel star shared videos via his Instagram Story from a boohooMan x DaBaby event he attended in West Hollywood, Calif.

Article continues below advertisement
kyle massey why missed arraignment allegations based on revenge
Source: MEGA

Now, his attorney Lee A. Hutton explained that the real reason he was absent was because he only found out about his charges like everyone else — from the news.

Article continues below advertisement

Regardless, the actor — who played Cory Baxter opposite onscreen sis Raven-Symoné — still plans to fight back. In a statement to Us Weekly, Hutton said that Massey "intends to aggressively defend these accusations again and will seek civil damages from those that refuse to hear the facts."

Additionally, the lawyer for Massey said that the former child actor believes "the allegations then and now are extortive," and alleges the accusations were based on "revenge."

Article continues below advertisement

He added, "We plan to seek an early dismissal finally putting this bad behavior to rest."

Despite fighting the serious claims made against him, things are not looking too good for Massey. As OK! recently reported, the vape company Dr. Dabber, who recently partnered with the actor, quickly said they're dropping their new ambassador.

Article continues below advertisement

"We are ending our relationship with Kyle Massey. We have been working with him on a trial basis for a month. Today, we let his team know we will be cutting ties and requested all public content with our brand to be deleted from his social media," said a representative for the brand.

Article continues below advertisement

It was revealed on June 29 that the star is facing felony charges for sending sexually explicit photos to a 13-year-old girl between December 2018 and January 2019.

In March 2019, Massey was accused of sending the teenager — whom he met when she was four years old in 2009 — numerous sexually explicit photos and videos. The former Dancing with the Stars contestant allegedly sent the young girl a photo of his erect penis and “a Snapchat image of Massey holding his penis with a corresponding text message that reads ‘LOL/Just me messing with u LOL.’”

The alleged victim sued for at least $1.5 million dollars.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.