According to The Sun, the Duke of York's eldest daughter was admitted to hospital on Friday, September 17, as she is expecting her first child. Her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi is believed to be by her side, after they tied the knot last year.
"Prince Andrew obviously hasn’t wanted to leave Balmoral when lawyers are still trying to serve the lawsuit papers but his daughter comes first and he will want to be there for her," an insider told the publication. "He could end up staying on the estate and waiting for Beatrice to come to him once she’s given birth. But I’m sure he will want to go to her."
This comes as Virginia Giuffre filed a lawsuit against the 61-year-old for alleged sex abuse.
Andrew reportedly left his home at the Royal Lodge with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson and headed to Balmoral Castle on Tuesday, September 7. Giuffre's lawyers said that Andrew was successfully served with papers on August 27. The papers were left in the hands of a police officer at Windsor's Royal Lodge and reportedly emailed to his lawyers.
Andrew has denied the allegations against him. Guiffre has claimed that she was forced to have sex with Andrew when she was under the age of 18.
According to The Sun, Andrew disputes that the papers have been served properly.
"The damage to his reputation is there for all to see but now he’s feeling the pressure from his family, though none of them have become directly involved," an insider told The Mirror of the lawsuit. "The whole thing’s a disaster.”
In 2019, Andrew stepped back from royal duties in the aftermath of his Newsnight interview regarding his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein.