Prince Harry 'Being Advised To Fly Home Right Now' To Say Goodbye To Hospitalized Grandfather Prince Philip: Source
Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip was hospitalized last week for an infection — and some think this may be the end of the road for the 99-year-old. There is so much concern surrounding Philip's health that Prince Harry "is being advised to fly home right now to say goodbye to his grandfather," a source exclusively told The Royal Observer. "Who knows if he will listen."
While Buckingham Palace reported that "The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment," the source reported that palace insiders are already planning Philip's funeral, which will "be a massive state function."
PRINCE CHARMING IN REAL LIFE! THE 10 MOST ELIGIBLE ROYAL BACHELORS IN THE WORLD — SEE PHOTOS
"There are lots of discussions about what to do with the problem of Meghan [Markle] and Harry," the source added before explaining that it's confusing "where to seat them and how to protect them from the British public who could boo them."
On Monday, March 1, Buckingham Palace provided an update on Philip's health. They revealed that he was moved to a different hospital in London after he was admitted to King Edward VII’s hospital as a "precautionary measure" on Tuesday, February 16.
He was transferred to "St Bartholomew's Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition," the statement read.
- Prince Philip Returns To King Edward VII Hospital, But Is His Health Scare Worse Than What It Seems?
- 'We Keep Our Fingers Crossed': Duchess Camilla Says Prince Philip's Condition Is 'Slightly Improving' During Hospitalization
- Prince Philip Said Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Oprah Interview Was 'Madness,' They're Vying For 'Popularity': Royal Biographer
Queen Elizabeth II's husband is "expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week," the statement concluded.
HOME SWEET HOME! FROM BUCKINGHAM PALACE TO WINDSOR CASTLE — SEE MAGNIFICENT PHOTOS OF THE BRITISH ROYAL RESIDENCES
And while the royal family nervously waits for Philip's recovery, they are also gearing up for potential backlash from Harry and Meghan's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, which is set to air on March 7. Royal commentators are now begging the couple — who are expecting the arrival of baby No. 2 later this year — to hold off on releasing the interview during Philip's health battle.
“Anything could hijack this interview. Philip is ill. He is 99 and could die at any time. They were not to know he would get ill, but it could be seen to be the wrong time," Penny Junor, author of Prince Harry, Brother, Soldier, Son, told The Daily Beast. "But I doubt it is in their gift to postpone the interview. The control is in the hands of CBS and Oprah."
Royal biographer Robert Jobson said that if Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, don't hold off on the debut of their tell-all, they will "appear heartless, thoughtless and supremely selfish."