NEWS'Supergirl' Star David Krumholtz Puts Acting Career 'on Hold' After Feeling 'Frustrated, Fed Up, Fried' by Hollywood

David Krumholtz revealed that he put his acting career 'on hold' after years of struggling in Hollywood.
Aug. 19 2026, Updated 2:14 a.m. ET
Supergirl star David Krumholtz recently admitted that he is done with Hollywood after years of struggling in the industry.
On Monday, August 17, he posted on Threads stating that he is ready to retire from acting and is looking forward to starting a “new life.” He later deleted the posts, prompting speculation about whether he is truly done fighting for roles just yet.
David Krumholtz Said He Is Ready to Retire From Acting

David Krumholtz said his fear of future uncertainty kept him from leaving acting until now.
In the fiery posts, the actor wrote, “I kinda sorta put my acting career on hold the other day. It’s been something I’ve been petrified to do for years.”
He added that this had “been something I’ve been petrified to do for years.”
He explained that his conflict stemmed from a fear of uncertainty about his future life more than anything else.
“Specifically, the fear was that I’d go broke and not be able to handle being out of the game,” he said.

David Krumholtz alleged that he was 'frustrated' by Hollywood.
His post claimed that he “sent the definitive email” that would pause his Hollywood career for the foreseeable future.
“A huge wave of relief washed over me,” he noted before adding, “Not sure what I’m going to do for money instead, or how I’m going to do it, but I just removed a humongous burden.”
“One that I truly didn’t fathom the weight of until it was gone. Frustrated, fed up, fried,” he continued.
- Stephen Baldwin Ditched Hollywood After He 'Felt a Calling' at an Evangelical Event: 'Jesus and the Holy Spirit Fascinated Me'
- Former Child Star Jonathan Lipnicki 'Confident the Best Is Yet to Come' for His Acting Career After Fading From the Spotlight
- Danny Pintauro Says He Earns Nothing From 'Who’s the Boss' Residuals While Admitting Acting Alone Is Not Enough to Survive
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
David Krumholtz Said He Felt Exploited in Hollywood

David Krumholtz admitted that he felt exploited in Hollywood.
The actor, who has previously appeared in Oppenheimer and The Studio, elaborated on his reason for wanting to quit Hollywood further in his post.
“It became clear to me this year that if I were to continue fighting for parts (what I used to call ‘auditioning’), I’d be doing so for roles that exploit my talent and reputation for a drastically diminishing return,” he wrote.
“Exploitative art isn’t art. And artists deserve a fair pay percentage for work that assists their employers in making profits,” he insisted.

Seth Rogen once said that David Krumholtz told him of his plan to quit acting and become a BMW car salesman.
“I came up in a time where movie studios and TV networks, no matter how big, were still mom & pop store entities,” Krumholtz added.
Interestingly, this is not the first time Krumholtz has opened up about leaving Tinseltown for wider horizons.
Seth Rogen, a longtime friend of the 48-year-old actor, once narrated a similar story about him on “The Diary of a CEO” podcast.
The comedian stated at the time that Krumholtz once told him that he planned to retire from acting and move to Riverside to start a career as a BMW salesman.


