Jamál Tadros is an editorial stylist who's worked backstage at New York Fashion Week for eight straight seasons, so clearly I had to turn to him for his favorite celeb look from this season. Jamál' said: "I loved Ashley Greene's lighter new tresses at the Kaufmanfranco Spring 2014 show. This look is flirty and effortless and looks best on lighter tones. Plus, it's easy to recreate. Steal Ash's style with Jamál's tips below!
Get the Look:
- On toweled-dry hair, apply a generous amount of Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mouse mainly at the roots and moderately from the mid-shaft to the ends. Work the product in well with a wide-tooth comb and flip your head upside down to rough dry with a blow dryer until hair is about 80% dry.
- Next, flip your head upright and finish blow drying with a large round brush. (Note: When sectioning your hair to blow fry, match the width of your section to the diameter of your brush.)
- Once dry, separate your hair into two sections, diagonally behind ear to ear. Clip the top section first, and secure your back section with an elastic right below the crown.
- Next, release your top section and apply Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray all over from the root to the ends of your hair. This will add extra body and separation with a semi-matte finish when blending both sections.
- Once you have your texture, pinch your hair together in a few sections and secure with large hair pins at the base of your pony tail. Leave some strands out at the bottom of your front hairline for more of an undone look. (Note: Start this technique at the sides of your hair working your way up to the crown, until complete.)
- Finish your look by wrapping the rest of your pony tail around the base of the elastic and secure with hair pins. Set your style with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray for an undone, flirty, date night look!
(Oh and here’s Jamál working on yours truly at the TRESemmé Lounge during NYFW. Best blowout in town!)