Jessica Alba graced the red carpet of the 2013 ALMA Awards sporting 60s-inspire hair with natural, yet sexy, makeup. Celebrity hair stylist Renato Campora shares how he crafted the sexy tresses and Avon’s Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen offers her tips on how to create the pretty, but subtle, face.
• First, Renato trimmed Jessica’s hair into a “long bob” as the foundation for the look.
• Next, he applied Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse to her damp hair for added bounce and dried it with a blow dryer.
• He then used a 1/2 inch curling iron to create waves all around her hair, brushed them out and applied Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème for a smooth texture.
• To maintain the look, he finished by misting her hair with Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray.
• First, Jessica’s brows were groomed with Votre Vu Brow Wax.
• Next, Koh Gen Do Foundation and Laura Mercier concealer were applied.
• On the eyes, Lauren used Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte. The #2 shade of the quad was dusted across the lid and then the dark brown shades were added through the crease.
• Lauren lined the eyes across the lash with Avon SUPERShock Gel Eye Liner in Intense Brown and then then Mega Effects Mascara was painted on lashes for a voluminous, flirty look.
• Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Molten Mocha was applied to the apples of Jessica’s cheeks.
• To add emphasis to the cheeks, Lorac TANtalizer Highlighter and Matte Bronzer Duo was used to contour and Hourglass Radiant Light Powder was placed on top to brighten.
• The look was finished with a lip liner and Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Cashmere.
What’s your all-time favorite beauty product? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.