Nina Dobrev rocked a beautiful boho braided bun at Sunday evening’s TrevorLIVE LA event created by Suave Professionals Celebrity Stylist Marcus Francis. Since we are always on the hunt for gorgeous ways to style an updo, we’re thrilled Marcus was willing to share the steps he took to achieve the pretty look for Nina.
• Apply a generous amount of Suave Professionals Volumizing Mousse to damp hair and rough dry with hands and a blowdryer.
• Make a messy side part and divide hair into two sections—down the center in the back. Lightly tease the crown with a tail comb for a little height.
• Spray each side with Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo to revive hair and add volume and texture. Begin French braiding the first section against the head, continuing to the ends like you would a side ponytail, and secure with an elastic. Repeat with the other side.
• Loosen each braid by pulling each side, allowing for pieces to come out, giving that soft, effortless look. Take one of the braids and pin it across the back to create a large bun using hair pins. Do the same with the other braid, going back and forth along the back to blend in with the first braid.
• Finally, pull out a few face framing layers and spray entire look with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray to set.
All Suave Professionals products mentioned are priced between $2.69 – $2.99 and available at mass retailers, select drugstores and supermarkets nationwide.
What’s your go-to style for great party hair? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.