We’re never surprised when Pantene girl Zooey Deschanel looks stunning, but her 2014 Golden Globes look is truly one of our favorites.
Pantene stylist Shelley Brien crafted Zooey’s sophisticated chignon for the Golden Globes nominee and shares how to create the look at home.
• “Everything starts with a good blow dry,” says Shelley. Begin by drying hair with a large round brush using Pantene’s Heat Protection Spray. When hair is fully dry, set hair with a large barrel curling iron to create voluminous waves.
• Keep the curl by applying a lighter version hairspray, like Pantene Volume Touchable Hairspray,so it brushes out nicely but maintains the wave.
• To create the updo, slightly back comb the hair at the crown and gently pull the sides into a ponytail and secure with an elastic. Loosely wrap the hair around the band and secure with bobby pins.
• Finish the look with a mist of Pantene Flexible Hold Hairspray and you have a beautiful chignon ready for the red carpet.
Makeup artist Jorjee Douglass created Zooey’s clean makeup look using tarte products to pair beautifully with her cream-colored gown.
• To prep Zooey’ face, Jorgee dabbed tarte Maracuja Oil into her skin.
• Next, she applied the line’s Maracuja Creaseless Concealer Light underneath her eyes to erase any darkness.
• To even her skin tone, she smoothed tarte’s BB-tinted 12-Hour Primer in Light all over.
• For a gorgeous, natural-looking flush, she dabbed their Cheek Stain in Tipsy over the apples of her cheeks, then followed with Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Tipsy for an extra punch of color.
• She set her complexion with Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder.
• To create a clean, fluttery eye, Jorjee used the be MATTEnificent Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette. She started by smoothing “View From the Taupe” up into her creases. Then she lightly blended “Bronze Horizon” from the Sultry Sunset Amazonian Clay Palette over the top. To create soft last definition, she lined her eyes with “Don’t Stand Black” from the be MATTEnificent Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette on her lower lash lines.
• Next, she coated her lashes with two layers of Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara.
• She finished by defining her eyebrows with Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Taupe.
• For a vibrant red, Jorjee mixed LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Fiery with LipSurgence Power Pigment in Tipsy—the colors combined create a gorgeous pop-art hue.
Which starlet had the best beauty look at the 2014 Golden Globes? Tell us in the comments or tweet @OKMagazine.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!