LAVO NYC recently opened in midtown Manhattan, and it’s already an instant hit with celebrities. Brought to the city by the team behind LAVO Las Vegas — Marc Packer ,Rich Wolf, Noah Tepperberg and Jason Strauss — the restaurant/club is a perfect mix of late-night lounging, extraordinary food and bold signature drinks. With this winning combination, it’s no surprise that celebrities like the Kardashians, Jessica Simpson and Katie Holmes have been spotted here. And how about the Italian cuisine?
Who can resist Italian cooking that includes brick-oven pizzas, spaghetti carbonara and truffled parmigiano fries?
With a dance floor that rocks into the early morning, lunch and dinner service and a weekend brunch that keeps the party going, this is the place to see and be seen!
Now you can taste the magic of LAVO from your own home with the hotspot’s signature meatball recipe!
Makes 20 three oz meatballs
• 1 loaf Pepperidge Farm white bread, remove crust
• 1 cup whole milk
• 16 oz. Kobe, ground beef or ask your butcher for
• freshly ground high quality beef (1 LB)
• 16 oz. Italian sausage (1 LB)
• 16 oz. Veal, ground (1 LB))
• 6 oz. onion , diced finely
• 2 oz. garlic, chopped fine
• 3 whole. eggs
• 4 oz. Progresso Bread Crumbs, Italian Style
• 6 oz. Pecorino Romano grated cheese
• 6 oz Parmesan Reggiano grated cheese
• 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped fine
• 1 bunch Italian basil, chopped fine
• 1 Tbs sea salt or kosher salt
• 1 Tbs black pepper,table grind
• 1 cup whole milk
• 8 oz. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 oz. extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup of cold water
• 32 oz. of your favorite marinara sauce
• Remove all crust from the white bread and cut into small cubes and soak in the milk .Set aside.
• In a sauté pan heat 1 oz of olive oil and saute gently and slowly garlic and onions, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
• When onions are cool squeeze out excess liquid.
• In a large bowl combine all ingredients except bread and milk mixture and olive oil.
• Squeeze out milk from bread, discard milk.
• Add bread to all ingredients and gently fold and mix together.
• Refrigerate meatball mix for one hour.
• Line a sheet pan with cling film.
• Form meatball mix into 3 oz balls.
• Place on sheet pan as you go.
• Refrigerate until ready to cook to keep their round shape.
• In a large saute pan place the 8 oz of EVOO and heat.
• When oil is hot place meatballs in pan, side to side allow enough space so you can turn them easily and gently.
• When all meatballs are evenly browned off remove from pan and set aside.
• In a large clean pot arrange meatballs and cover with your favorite marinara sauce and one cup of cold water.
• Slowly bring up to a boil and then allow to simmer covered for about 1 hour. Meatballs should be removed from pot and cook the sauce to the consistency you enjoy.
• Serve over your favorite pasta and season with Parmigiano Reggiano and EVOO.
• Buon Appetito!