Ariana Grande‘s album Yours Truly is out today, and you may be asking yourself: Okay, but what’s an Ariana Grande? Those of us over 25 years old might not be familiar with the pint-sized chick with the major voice, so read on to understand how she took over the industry!
1. She starred on Nickelodeon’s Victorious for three years as the best friend and sidekick to Victoria Justice. Her character was then spun off for her own buddy sitcom with Jennette McCurdy herself spinning off from iCarly. Got all that? The show was such a smash from its premiere this summer that Nick ordered 40 episodes for the first season alone.
2. She really understands social media, and always has. For over two years now, her name will trend worldwide on a regular basis due to her rabid social fan base (the Arianators). Her Twitter is super personal and her Instas are just cute—like this one with Rihanna!
3. Her voice is ridiculous. Lots of Disney and Nick stars try to make music, but they don’t have a voice like Ariana’s, which has been compared to Mariah Carey‘s.
4. She has a very distinct sense of style, like a pixie Zooey Deschanel in swingy ’50s silhouettes and floral prints, and frequently works with Project Runway designer Kenley Collins on custom ensembles.
6. You may have heard her smash song, “The Way,” on the radio all summer long during “Blurred Lines” respites, and her album is already number one in several countries around the world. Get on it!
Are you convinced yet? Are you familiar with Ariana’s music? What do you think of her look? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.