Remember when we spent almost every day in June and July excitedly waiting for Kate Middleton to give birth? Things have been a lot duller since then, but there’s another royal event coming up: Prince George‘s christening!
A great fashion moment for Kate Middleton, an opportunity for Prince William to be an adorably doting dad, and a chance to get another glimpse at the baby? It doesn’t get any better than that. In anticipation of October 23, we talked to royal expert Anne Chertoff to get some info about the big day. Some great tidbits:
• Prince George will wear the same christening gown that Prince William wore in his christening.
• The christening gown had been passed down for over 130 years in the royal family, until it finally disintegrated 30 years ago. The one George will wear is a replica.
• But they won’t be the only ones. Prince George will most likely have multiple godparents, including not just family members but close friends of the couple. Do William and Kate get to even have friends? We shall find out.
• Formal pictures will be shared with the public. YES.
• Lastly, Anne believed the christening would take place at Buckingham Palace, but that has already been debunked. In a surprising move, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have decided to hold the ceremony in the chapel at St. James Palace, which has a special connection to William’s mother Diana.
Are you excited for the royal christening? When do you think we’ll get the photos? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.