Another year’s Golden Globes are in the bag! How’s your GG hangover? It was an awesome night, giving us everything you’d ever want from an awards show: beautiful dresses, touching speeches, surprise winners, and occasionally, total awkwardness.
Here are our ten favorite moments—and the three that made our hearts very sad.
1. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s opening monologue. We knew they’d be hilarious, but we didn’t anticipate they’d both look so hot!
[radar_embed service=5min.com src=”http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1126&width=570&height=351&playList=518082890&sequential=1&shuffle=0″]
2. Elisabeth Moss flipped off the mani-cam when asked to show off her nails. LOL.
3. A star was born when Wolf of Wall Street’s Margot Robbie, looking drop-dead gorgeous in a simple white dress, presented an award with Jonah Hill. Well, tried to present an award. Their teleprompter screwed up, but she blushed and ad-libbed adorably and suggested the HFPA was hazing her for being the new girl. She won that one.
4. Breaking Bad won best drama on TV, and while the cast celebrated their final win, star Aaron Paul was called forward to close out the thanks… with a rousing “Yeah, b*tch!”
5. Jennifer Lawrence photo-bombed Taylor Swift on the red carpet, then joked that she was going to push her down the stairs.
[radar_embed service=5min.com src=”http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1126&width=570&height=351&playList=518082946&sequential=1&shuffle=0″]
6. Jared Leto, basically the one lock of the whole night, took home the award for best supporting actor. He looked hotter and younger than ever during his speech. How is this possible?!
7. Emma Thompson came on stage to present an award with her heels in one hand and a martini in the other later in the night, sounding and looking like your drunk aunt (if your drunk aunt likes hurling her Christian Louboutins over her shoulder to make a point).
8. It was a big night for Saturday Night Live alums! Seth Meyers presented a shocking win to former coworker Andy Samberg for Brooklyn Nine-Nine (and looked so delighted to do so!), while host Amy Poehler was similarly blown away to win best actress in a comedy. Yay, Amy!
9. Leonardo DiCaprio was another slightly surprising win, as awards shows seem to detest him, and he took the opportunity to basically audition for an Oscar nomination by giving a beautiful speech about working with Martin Scorsese and appreciating the director’s impact on our culture.
[radar_embed service=5min.com src=”http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1126&width=570&height=351&playList=518082961&sequential=1&shuffle=0″]
10. Amy Adams rocked—what else?!—a deep V on the red carpet for her movie American Hustle, which was a big winner of the night.
And now for the worst moments!
[radar_embed service=5min.com src=”http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1126&width=570&height=351&playList=518082876&sequential=1&shuffle=0″]
1. Jacqueline Bisset’s crazy, rambling speech right at the top of the show. Yet another drunk aunt.
[radar_embed service=5min.com src=”http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1126&width=570&height=351&playList=518083153&sequential=1&shuffle=0″]
2. Wait, a third drunk aunt! Diane Keaton appeared to help celebrate Woody Allen’s Cecil B. DeMille award, and she sang “Make New Friends” from Girl Scouts in the eeriest voice for what felt like hours. Why the singing? Why did she need to sing?!
3. Not enough Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. We have been so excited for their hosting gig, and it felt like they were on screen for a combined minute and a half. It’s possible this is typical; it’s possible there would never be enough Tina and Amy for us. Fair, but still lame.
What were your favorite moments of last night’s show? How about least favorite? Did we forget any? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.