I’ve already explained to you (via Dave Sirulnick) why you won’t be seeing Liam Hemsworth or Billy Ray in Miley Cyrus’ documentary, Miley: The Movement, which premieres tonight. But now, here’s a more detailed explanation of other noteworthy things that won’t be featured in the movie that might surprise and/or disappoint you Smilers, but note that the film is still pretty amazing even without these six things:
UPDATE: Apparently the version that aired on MTV on October 2 and the version that the press saw a week prior were different from each other. MTV added in some of the below in the final version, but still, it’s interesting to know what was missing from the original cut, eh?
1. Any mention of Hannah Montana. Throughout the film Miley says things like “after my show” and even said “I had to do something that didn’t feel like me for so long,” but never actually mentions the words “Hannah” and “Montana.” I get that she’s trying to get past that part of her life, but it’s just interesting that it wasn’t even somewhat discussed in detail. Although you will get to see flashback pics of Miley as a kid and teen though, and that’s a fun stroll down memory lane.
2. Performances. At all. You’ll see a lot of Miley in rehearsals, like before she performs on Jimmy Kimmel and even before her VMAs performance. But for some reason, the camera cuts off right before Miley actually performs each time so we don’t get to see her on-stage. Guess we already saw all the performances on TV so we don’t need to relive them? I don’t even know what the editing decision was there.
3. Twerking. Probably because we don’t see the performances, we don’t see twerking either. My guess is that this was a conscious decision and the producers of the film didn’t want twerking to define this era of Miley’s life, but I’m not a filmmaker so your guess is as good as mine. You will see the tongue, though:
4. The men in Miley’s life. Like we’ve already discussed, there’s no footage of Liam Hemsworth or Billy Ray Cyrus in the film, which the Executive Producer said was because they wanted “to focus on music and professional footage.” But Miley’s mom, Tish, and little sister, Noah, are both in the movie, so do with that what you will…
5. Miley in the recording booth. The film was shot after Miley had already finished recording Bangerz, so there’s no intimate look at her actually singing in the recording booth. But you will see her talking in the studio with Britney Spears, and see the process she goes through when tweaking album cover art and songs.
6. Miley like this. Sorry folks. She’s fully clothed this time.
Miley: The Movement premieres tonight at 10pm on MTV! What are you hoping to see in the film? Tweet us @OKMagazine.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!