It’s been a day since the Solange video seen around the world, and fans are still digesting the idea that Beyonce‘s little sister would attack Jay Z in an elevator. Bey, Jay, and Solange have kept quiet so far and haven’t made any statements about the video, but details are emerging about their night at the Met Ball before the brawl broke out.
Solange punched and kicked Jay Z in an elevator at the Standard Hotel upon leaving the after-party in the Boom Boom Room there. So what happened? Radar Online has some clues.
1. Jay Z and Beyonce seemed distant as they talked into the party together. They were talking and came in several feet apart.
2. Once inside, the married pair sat at a secluded table and were deep in conversation, per an Instagram shot by a party-goer.
3. Solange seemed perfectly happy at the party, swishing her dress around in photos with Lupita Nyong’o.
4. It’s not the first time Solange has displayed some erratic behavior. She canceled her European tour last summer, with the explanation that “I am completely devastated… I really had to make the best decision for my mental/physical health and provide some stability for my family.”
5. There are rumors that Solange’s outburst was due to being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The singer has been open about her marijuana use in the past, writing whole odes to the drug. She also once tweeted about winding up in the hospital after drinking too much Nyquil. Of course, marijuana and Nyquil are not exactly known to make someone belligerently angry…
6. Solange and Beyonce are suggesting some sibling rivalry on their social-media accounts. Solange reportedly deleted all traces of her famous big sis on Instagram, while followers are now reconsidering Beyonce’s pic from the day after the Met Ball:
What do you think happened that night in the elevator? Do you think Beyonce and Solange don’t get along? Do you believe that Jay is cheating on Bey? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.