For fans who watched Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy tie the knot on Bethenny Getting Married, it’s truly sad to watch the unraveling of their marriage. It only gets more painful now that the custody battle has hit the courtroom—and both sides are making some ugly accusations. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Bethenny is seeking primary custody. Jason wants joint custody.
2. Both people are trying to paint the other as a bad parent. Jason says Bethenny is all about fame: “Bethenny Frankel’s priority is Bethenny Frankel. In pursuit of career success, she has used the child as a prop,” said Bernard Clair, Jason’s lawyer.
3. Bethenny alleges that Jason has become thirsty for revenge ever since the split. “He would say things [to Bryn] like, ‘Mommy should be the witch. She’s a great witch. You’ll be the princess and I’ll be the prince,'” said Bethenny.
4. Bethenny also accused Jason of feeding Bryn animal proteins, while she has tried to keep their daughter on a vegetarian diet. He has also taken her to religious services without discussing it with Bethenny.
5. Jason threatened Bethenny when she filed for divorce, she says. “‘I’m going to destroy you. You’re already losing fans. I’m going to ruin you,'” she claims he said.
6. Bethenny alleges even more odd behavior when Jason refused to move out of their apartment, including recording their conversations and leaving toilets unflushed. Ew.
7. This is only the beginning. “It’s the first mile of a marathon,” Jason’s lawyer told People. Yikes.
What do you think of all these developments? Are you sad about them? Did you watch Bethenny and Jason’s show? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!