According to photos obtained by Just Jared, the reality star, 39, was spotted arriving at the DWTS set in Los Angeles on Saturday, August 29. Stause was joined by pro dancer Gleb Savchenko. Fans identified Stause — who split from This Is Us star, Justin Hartley, 43, last year — from the PopSocket on the back of her phone case, which she usually showcases in her Instagram posts.
This new adventure might be the perfect distraction for the TV personality since she is still reeling from her shocking divorce. “There are two sides to every story, and maybe it’s time I start writing a new one," she previously said.
As the show is preparing to take off again amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, other celebrities including, Spread actress Anne Heche, Desperate Housewives actor Jesse Metcalfe, and former NFL player Vernon Davis have been confirmed to compete in the upcoming season, Us Weekly reported.
On August 27, Backstreet Boys member AJ McLean revealed he would also be competing for the coveted mirrorball trophy. “We’re going for the mirrorball, baby!! I am so grateful to @dancingabc and @abcnetwork for the opportunity to be joining this season’s cast of #DWTS,” the 42-year-old captioned the photo of himself in the studio. “I also want to thank my wife and my two girls for letting Daddy go on this new adventure. I’m doing it ALL for you!”
“I’ve been working so hard on my mental and physical health over the last 14 weeks,” the 35-year-old captioned three side-by-side photos of herself wearing underwear and a sports bra on August 9. “Reading, meditating, resting, working out, lifting heavy, Pilates, boxing, going to physical therapy for mobility and strength, getting sports massages, dry needling.”
“All I keep saying is ‘Please don’t get sent home night one after all this work,’” she continued. “Hahah but I’m glad I have had the motivation to work towards something. I always think of myself as a hard worker, who also plays hard, and I’m just ready for this next chapter!!!”
Season 29 will also include returning veteran Artem Chigvintsev, 38 — who just welcomed his first child, baby boy Matteo, on August 1 with Total Divas star Nikki Bella — after he was shockingly cut as a pro dancer on the last season, despite being on the show for 10 years. “I just can’t wait to get back,” he said during an appearance on Good Morning America on August 24. “And I want to dedicate this season to my little boy.”
This season will look a little different since Tyra Banks, 46, is the new host after she replaced Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. Fortunately, the ABC series is taking the right amount of safety precautions amid the virus. "They've covered every angle, masks, cleaning the studios, sanitizing, and making sure the husband and wife people are not together because if one of us gets it that's two couples out of the competition," Sasha Farber told ABC7.
Dancing With the Stars premieres on September 14 on ABC.