In this lighter version of lasagna, The Doctors host and former star of The Bachelor Travis Stork keeps all the comfort, but eliminates the guilt. “I’ve been making it for the last 20 years,” he tells OK!. “I like it because it’s quick, easy, healthy and most importantly, tasty!”
• 3 cups low-fat cottage cheese
• 19 oz. package of frozen raw spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed very dry
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• 15 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
• 3 cups marinara sauce
• 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick olive oil or cooking spray. Mix cottage cheese, spinach, eggs, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and cool slightly.
2. Lay down a single layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of the baking dish and cover with one third of the cottage cheese/ spinach filling. Repeat noodle/filling layering process two more times. Cover with marinara sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares for serving.
Do you think you'll try this lasagna recipe? What's your favorite pasta dish? Are you into comfort foods? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.