In an exclusive sit down interview with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos — set to air Thursday, December 2 — the actor, 63, answered tough questions about the deadly incident that occurred on the New Mexico set back in October. (As OK! reported, Baldwin was behind the prop gun when he accidentally fired a live bullet, killing the 42-year-old and injuring the film’s director Joel Souza.)
Among the many questions the journalist, 60, asked Baldwin, as seen in the preview of the interview — Stephanopoulos asked the Boss Baby star whether he pulled the trigger on the gun that ultimately took Hutchins' life.
"The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger," Baldwin declared. "I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger on them, never."
He also pointed out he had "no idea" how a live bullet found its way onto the film set. "Someone put a live bullet in a gun. A bullet that wasn't even supposed to be on the property," the It's Complicated actor told the news anchor.
A clearly shaken up Baldwin admitted: "Even now, I find it hard to believe that [the incident occurred]," before confessing, "It doesn't seem real to me."
Stephanopoulos then asked, "I know you said you are not a victim, but is this the worst thing that has ever happened to you?" to which Baldwin adamantly replied: "Yes. Because I think back and I think of what could I have done?"
With tears streaming down his face, the father-of-seven also recalled Hutchins as "someone who was loved by everyone who worked with [her], liked by everyone who worked with [her] and admired."
As OK! previously reported, the Good Morning America host teased the interview with Baldwin on Wednesday, December 1, hinting that it was the "most intense" sit down of his career.
“I’ve done thousands of interviews in the last 20 years at ABC, this was the most intense I’ve ever experienced," Stephanopoulos said at one point. “He was so raw, as you can imagine he was devastated, but he was also very candid, he was forthcoming, he answered every question."