SUBMIT
BREAKING NEWS
OK LogoNEWS

Alec Baldwin Will Sit Down With ABC's George Stephanopoulos For His First Formal Interview Since Fatal 'Rust' Shooting

alec baldwin first formal interview fatal rust shooting abcs george stephanopoulos
Source: MEGA

Dec. 1 2021, Published 11:20 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Alec Baldwin is set to appear this week in his first sit-down interview since the fatal Rust shooting.

Article continues below advertisement

In October, the 63-year-old actor was involved in the devastating tragedy that cost cinematographer Halyna Hutchins her life. Baldwin was behind the prop gun when he accidentally fired a live bullet, killing the 42-year-old and wounding the film’s director Joel Souza.

Now, for the first time since the deadly incident, the It’s Complicated actor will sit down with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos to discuss the devastating tragedy.

Article continues below advertisement
alec baldwin first formal interview fatal rust shooting abcs george stephanopoulos
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

The news was announced on Good Morning America on Wednesday, December 1, where Stephanopoulos claimed the conversation with Baldwin was the most intense interview of his ABC career.

“I’ve done thousands of interviews in the last 20 years at ABC,” he said, per The Hollywood Reporter. “This was the most intense I’ve ever experienced.”

Article continues below advertisement

“He was so raw, as you can imagine he was devastated, but he was also very candid, he was forthcoming, he answered every question,” the talk show host explained. “He talked about Halyna Hutchins, meeting her family as well, and he talked in detail about what happened on the set that day.”

alec baldwin first formal interview fatal rust shooting abcs george stephanopoulos
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

The interview is set to air as a primetime special on ABC on Thursday, December 2, in addition to a follow-up special looking into the investigations surrounding the incident which will air next week.

“Next week, a two-hour 20/20 delves into the events ahead of the deadly shooting on the set of Rust and the pending investigations into what went wrong; and features the Baldwin interview and new interviews,” ABC News said.

Article continues below advertisement

As OK! previously reported, Baldwin has been hit with multiple lawsuits since the October incident, along with other staffers who handled the prop gun that day, including assistant director David Halls and lead armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.

Article continues below advertisement
alec baldwin first formal interview fatal rust shooting abcs george stephanopoulos
Source: MEGA

According to witnesses on the scene, Baldwin was reportedly handed the firearm as Halls yelled, “Cold gun,” falsely claiming that the gun wasn’t loaded when it actually contained a live round.

Article continues below advertisement

Baldwin previously spoke out about the tragic accident in an impromptu roadside conversation with paparazzi, where he expressed that “some new measures have to take place” to prevent this horrible event from happening on future movie sets.

It still remains unclear who will be found responsible for the deadly accident as authorities continue to investigate.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.