Coachella Honchos React To Kanye West Pulling Out Of Festival Two Weeks Before Kickoff Date
Though Kanye West left Coachella organizers without a headliner two weeks before the festival is set to kick off, the organizers reportedly have no hard feelings toward the troubled rapper.
According to a new report, festival organizers just want the Donda performer to get better after he left producers blindsided by his decision to withdraw from his headliner spot during both Sunday, April 17, and Sunday, April 24, shows.
Festival honchos confirmed to TMZ that there's not another artist locked in to fill Ye's spot at this time, though headliners Billie Eilish, Harry Styles and Swedish House Mafia are still left on the roster.
KANYE WEST 'REALLY CONCERNED' PETE DAVIDSON WILL GET EX-WIFE KIM KARDASHIAN 'HOOKED ON DRUGS'
Despite the last minute change-up, insiders told the outlet there's no animosity toward West, as showrunners understand he's been through a lot as of late, including his messy divorce from Kim Kardashian and scathing online social media rants about his ex and Pete Davidson that resulted in Instagram suspending his account following his racist attack against Trevor Noah over the matter.
The Coachella organizers apparently just want the "Praise God" artist to take time to work on himself — even if it means missing the gig.
Unfortunately for concertgoers, West's absence also means they won't get to see Travis Scott, who the father-of-four was apparently planning to bring on stage during his performance after the "Highest In The Room" artist was nixed from the lineup following his fatal Astroworld festival in November 2021.
Meanwhile, West teased his Coachella performance just last month — right before he was suspended for violating Instagram's policies on hate speech, bullying and harassment — in which he reportedly shared a still image of Davidson's head in the "Eazy" music video, captioning the post, "Y'all ready for Coachella?"
As OK! reported, West caused quite the controversy when he rapped that he wanted to "beat Pete Davidson's a**" in his diss track. The performer then took things one step too far when he showed a claymation version of the Saturday Night Live comedian being kidnapped, tied up and buried alive in the "Eazy" music video.
Following the months of harassing the mother of his children, 41, as well as her new flame, 28, and losing his coveted gig at the Grammy's in light of his recent behavior, an insider spilled West is planning to go somewhere to work on himself.
KANYE WEST TO GO AWAY 'TO GET BETTER' FOLLOWING MONTHS OF HARASSING ESTRANGED EX KIM KARDASHIAN
"For the sake of the kids, Kanye has told Kim he’s not making any public appearances or inflammatory social media statements, and he will go away somewhere to get better," said the source.
It's unclear if the Grammy award winner plans to check himself into a treatment facility of some sort or is attempting to make changes to himself on his own.
Kardashian filed for divorce from the rapper in February 2021 and requested to be declared legally single in December, with a judge granting her request in March of this year.