You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
OK LogoHEALTH

Country Strong! How Singers Kacey Musgraves, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, More Managed To Stay In Shape During The Pandemic

country strong gallery postpic
Source: MEGA

Apr. 18 2021, Updated 12:01 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

The pandemic has been tough for many of us who try to stay in shape. With fitness centers shut down for months and the endless opportunities for home snacking, staying fit during quarantine proved to be a challenge. However, the top names in country music made it a point to not let go of their healthy habits.

Article continues below advertisement

So how did they do it? The secret lies in exercises and healthy eating, along with a lot of mindfulness. 

Scroll through the gallery below as your favorite singers reveal how they stay Country Strong.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD

country strong gallery carrie underwood
Source: MEGA

As the co-founder of the Fit52 workout app, Underwood was determined to avoid the quarantine 15. "I tried to focus on keeping myself healthy, rather than sitting on my rear end at home and snacking all day," Underwood, 38, said of sticking to her mostly vegan diet and HIIT sessions during the pandemic. 

Article continues below advertisement

Her advice for anyone looking for a reset? "It is a marathon. It's not a sprint. Don't do anything you can't see yourself doing a year from now." Noted!

Article continues below advertisement

KELSEA BALLERINI

country strong gallery kelsea ballerini
Source: MEGA

Ballerini takes a balanced approach to fitness. The 27-year-old songstress does 45-minute strength-focused sessions with celeb trainer Erin Oprea three days a week and follows the 80/20 rule. She eats well 80 percent of the time and "the other 20 percent of the time, I just enjoy my life," the blond beauty said, adding that an occasional trip to McDonald's is no biggie. 

Article continues below advertisement

"I just try to be nice to myself and do what's good for me," she explained. "And when I don't, I start again the next day."

Article continues below advertisement
Article continues below advertisement

KACEY MUSGRAVES

country strong gallery kacey musgraves
Source: MEGA

The secret to Musgraves' fab figure and enviable abs? Tabata-based workouts, a form of high-intensity interval training that involves periods of all-out effort followed by short moments of rest, along with Pure Barre DVDs, which focus on lengthening and toning. 

Article continues below advertisement

"I can do the workouts everywhere," the 32-year-old Grammy winner explained. Diet-wise, she avoids carbs and processed foods when she can, noting, "I try my best."

Article continues below advertisement

MIRANDA LAMBERT

country strong gallery miranda lambert
Source: MEGA

The "Bluebird" singer admitted she struggled with her weight for years before finally finding a plan that helped her lose 20 pounds in 2014. "I tried everything," Lambert, 37, has said, "[but] you get tired of every diet." Instead, she began eating sensibly (think: grilled chicken with sweet potatoes and green juices) and doing Pilates, jumping jacks and run-walk sessions. 

Article continues below advertisement

"I'm a size 6, give or take five pounds," she added. "I've hit a comfortable place."

Article continues below advertisement
Article continues below advertisement

CARLY PEARCE

country strong gallery carly pearce
Source: MEGA

Staying healthy while on the road can be a challenge, but Pearce has it all figured out. The 30-year-old hitmaker revealed she makes oatmeal and baked chicken on her tour bus (which features a hot plate, fridge and oven) so she's not "tempted to eat fast food" and gets up at 6 a.m. for a run before things get too hectic. 

Article continues below advertisement

"I feel better when I work out," she shared. "I feel better when I eat right and I feel like my mind is in a better spot."

Article continues below advertisement
Article continues below advertisement

MAREN MORRIS

country strong gallery maren morris
Source: MEGA

"The pressure we put on mothers to 'snap back' is deeply troublesome," new mom Morris recently wrote on Instagram. After welcoming son Hayes last March, the singer, 31, took her time getting in shape, starting with simple moves like lunges, squats and walking.

Article continues below advertisement

"No one took [my body], I didn't lose it like a set of keys," she added alongside a photo of herself doing plank twists on a Bosu ball. "And yeah, I'm proud." Go, mama!

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.