Talk about a Hump Day Treat! It's time to bust out the booze because Wednesday, March 24, is National Cocktail Day!
And with social distancing still the smart way to go these pandemic days, it’s the perfect time to brush up on your own home bartending skills.
From Instagram-worthy mules to martinis with a trendy twist, bring back the 5 o’clock cocktail hour and try mixing up one of these stylish drinks in honor of the hooch-centered holiday.
Hibiscus Rose Champagne
Sweet and perfect for spring.
- 1 oz pH Hibiscus Rose Syrup
- 4-6 oz. of your favorite champagne
- 1 Rosemary Sprig
1. Add syrup to favorite champagne in a coupe or flute glass.
2. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary sprigs.
Pineapple Moscow Mule
Created by the bar team at The Cheesecake Factory.
- 2 oz. Vodka (your preference)
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- ½ oz. Simple Syrup
- ½ oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 3 oz. Ginger Beer (Bundaberg or a Ginger Beer on the sweet side is preferred)
1. Add ice to cocktail shaker and shake hard 2-3 times. Before straining, add the lime wedge and ginger beer to the cocktail shaker.
2. Strain contents of the cocktail shaker into appropriate size glass filled with fresh ice.
3. Garnish with a Pineapple Half-Moon* by bending and inserting into the glass against the rim. (Candied Ginger optional)
Garnish: Pineapple Half-Moon — cut pineapple in half through middle of pineapple (not through core). Place flesh side down and cut pineapple in half again. Place quartered pineapple core side down. Cut ¼“ slices creating semi circles or half-moons.
- 1 ½ oz ABERFELDY 12 Years Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- ½ oz Local Honey Syrup (honey syrup = 1 part honey, 1 part water)
- Chilled Chamomile Tea (to top)
1. Stir together ABERFELDY 12 Years Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky and honey syrup in a glass.
2. Add cubed ice and chilled chamomile tea, then stir to incorporate.
3. Garnish with a lemon twist and a dried chamomile flower.
Pink House Martini
- 2.5 oz Gin (your preference)
- 1 oz pH Tonic Syrup
- 3 dashes pH House Bitters or pH Honeysuckle Bitters
1. Shake with ice until cold.
2. Rinse chilled glass with sweet vermouth.
3. Drain cocktail and garnish with lemon twist.
Created by the bar team at Grand Lux Cafe.
- 4 Fresh Pineapple Cubes (½ inch)
- 2 ½ oz. Basil Hayden
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz. Turbinado Syrup*
- 1 dash of Peychaud’s Bitters
- ¼ oz. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 8 oz. Ice
1. Build in mixing class with no ice.
2. Muddle fresh pineapple cubes.
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Shake well & strain entire mixture over fresh ice.
5. Add three fanned pineapple leaves to garnish (insert bamboo skewer through pineapple, optional).
*Turbinado Syrup Ingredients/Directions:
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 2 cups Turbinado Sugar
*In Bar Blender: Add water juice first, and then add Turbinado Sugar. Blend all ingredients until fully incorporated. Pour Turbinado Syrup into a container and refrigerate for 12 hours before use.
Created by mixologist Tomas Delos Reyes (Standard Hotel Bar, Jeepney Restaurant).
- 1.2 oz Don Papa 7 Rum
- 1 oz Guava Nectar
- ½ oz Pandan Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz Lime Juice
- 1 Jalapeño Disc
- 1 Dash Peychaud's Bitters
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle jalapeno disc .
2. Add Don Papa Rum, guava nectar, Pandan simple syrup, lime juice and Peychaud's bitters.
3. Add ice and shake.
4. Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
5. Top with ginger ale.
6. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Garden Basil Margarita
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 2 oz Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Leaves Basil
- 1 oz Sparkling Apple Cider
1. Add Cointreau, tequila, lime, and basil to shaker.
2. Add ice and shake.
3. Fine strain into rocks glass over a large rock.
3. Finish with sparkling apple cider.
4. Garnish with basil.
The Botanist Pomegranate Martini
- 2.5 oz The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh pomegranate arils
- 0.5 oz dry vermouth
1. Muddle pomegranate arils with gin and allow to steep for 1-2 hours.
2. Add the infused gin and vermouth to a mixing glass with ice and stir to chill.
3. Fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
- 2 oz Mount Gay Black Barrel
- 0.5 oz Falernum
- 1.5 oz Pink/Ruby Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- Splash of Soda
- Pink Grapefruit wedge
1. Add all ingredients into a highball glass and stir with a bar spoon.
2. Add a splash of sparkling water and garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz pH Mexican Chile Syrup
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
1. Combine ingredients over ice.
2. Top with soda water, stir to combine.
3. Garnish with a lime wheel and chili salt.