TRUE CRIME NEWSTupac Shakur Murder Trial: Shooting Reported Near Courthouse as Police Rush to Scene in Las Vegas

Tupac Shakur's murder trial continued in Las Vegas as police responded to a reported shooting nearby.
Aug. 19 2026, Published 10:24 a.m. ET
Tupac Shakur's murder trial took an unexpected turn on August 18 when a reported shooting unfolded near the Las Vegas courthouse where the proceedings were underway.
Police rushed to the area after receiving calls about a possible shooting, though officers reportedly found no victims when they arrived.
Police Rushed to the Scene

Las Vegas police rushed to a downtown Starbucks after receiving reports of a possible shooting near the courthouse.
Las Vegas Metro Police reportedly responded to a Starbucks in the downtown area Tuesday afternoon after receiving multiple calls about an alleged shooting, per TMZ.
It's unclear what prompted the initial reports or whether any shots had actually been fired.
Shooting Report Came as Tupac Shakur's Trial Continued

Duane 'Keffe D' Davis was arrested in 2023 in connection to Tupac Shakur's murder case.
The reported incident occurred only blocks from the Clark County District Court Regional Justice Center, where the long-awaited trial against Duane "Keffe D" Davis over Shakur's 1996 murder was underway.
The trial marks a major development in the investigation into Shakur's death, which remained unsolved for nearly three decades before Davis was charged.
Davis, 63, was arrested in 2023 and accused of murder with a deadly weapon.
Prosecutors alleged he helped arrange the September 1996 drive-by attack that killed Shakur, although he was not accused of personally firing the fatal shots.
Davis pleaded not guilty and maintained that the prosecution's version of events did not establish his guilt.
- Suge Knight Says 'Leave Me Out' of Tupac Murder Trial as Prosecutors Face Witness Problem
- Inside Tupac Shakur's Murder Trial Against Duane 'Keffe D' Davis 30 Years After Rapper's Killing
- 'Leave Me Out of It': Suge Knight Refuses to Testify in Tupac Murder Trial — Despite Being Only Living Eyewitness to 1996 Drive-by Assassination
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
Prosecutors Pointed to Alleged Retaliation

Prosecutors alleged Duane 'Keffe D' Davis helped orchestrate the attack that ultimately killed Tupac Shakur.
According to prosecutors, the events that led to Shakur's killing began hours earlier inside the MGM Grand.
Shakur and members of his entourage were involved in a physical confrontation with Orlando "Baby Lane" Anderson, Davis' nephew and a member of the South Side Compton Crips.
Prosecutors alleged the attack provided the motive for the shooting that followed later that night.
Davis was accused of helping organize the retaliation and obtaining the firearm used in the attack.
Prosecutors have also pointed to Davis' own past public statements as evidence they believed connected him to the killing.
The defense, however, argued that Davis' previous accounts were unreliable and that he had exaggerated his involvement for attention and financial gain.
Duane Davis' Memoir Became Part of the Case

Duane 'Keffe D' Davis' defense team challenged previous statements he made about providing the weapon used in Tupac Shakur's killing.
One of the prosecution's key challenges involved statements Davis previously made about Shakur's death.
In his 2019 memoir, Compton Street Legend, Davis described his involvement and said he provided the gun used in the shooting.
His attorneys have since sought to undermine those statements, arguing that they were made as part of promoting a commercial project rather than as a formal confession.
"We're putting way too much credence and value and weight on statements that are made for entertainment purposes only," Davis' legal team said, according to The New York Times.
The defense has maintained that those remarks should not be treated as proof of Davis' guilt.


