True Tori has been true torture for Dean McDermott, who’s quitting the Lifetime series he stars on with his wife, Tori Spelling after its current second season finishes filming. “I can’t do it anymore,” said Dean of the show that has laid bare the raw, emotional problems in the couple’s marriage, including Tori’s clashes with her mom, Candy, and Dean’s infidelity and struggle for sobriety.
So, why specifically is Dean done with the show? Here’s 5 things we’ve seen on True Tori thus far this season that might’ve made Dean want out.
1. Tori told the world that they’re broke. In the season 2 premiere, Tori revealed that the couple is living “paycheck to paycheck” despite her father’s multi-billion dollar fortune. But it’s no wonder. Rumor has it that Tori and Dean have blown through $18 million in just a few years!
2. Tori revealed that she doesn’t want anymore kids with Dean. In an emotional therapy session that was taped for the show, Tori told their therapist that she didn’t want anymore kids with her husband because of what he had done to her (aka cheated). Dean was sitting right there! Awkward.
3. Their trivial fights are caught on camera. Sure, we’ve seen Tori and Dean have some heated arguments, but they recently fought over how to cook a baked potato, which turned into a debate about why Dean always feels like he knows better than Tori. It was painful to watch, especially because the couple’s poor daughter witnessed it all. And all she wanted was some dinner, you know?
- Tori Spelling's Dating History: 9 Men She Was Romantically Linked to Before and After Dean McDermott
- Tori Spelling Fires Back at Trolls Who Shamed Her Kids' Casual Concert Outfits: 'They Wanted to Be Comfortable'
- Tori Spelling Desperate for Ex Dean McDermott to Stop Sharing Their Family's Drama: 'There's the Children to Consider'
4. Tori recently met up with her ex-husband, Charlie Shanian. Feeling like she needed closure from her former relationship—she left her husband in 2006 for Dean—Tori met up with Charlie to apologize for how she ended the relationship. Dean seemed supportive of his wife on the show, but come on. Even he’s gotta be a little bit jealous.
5. Tori met up with Dean’s ex-wife, too. On the November 18th episode of the show, Tori talks to Dean’s ex-wife, Mary Jo Eustace, about their son, Jack, but it turns into a conversation about what went wrong in Dean and Mary Jo's marriage. Dean was not happy that this meetup happened, and even said that he didn’t want Mary Jo on the show anymore because he thinks she’s manipulating viewers to be on her side instead of his. Yikes.