You’ve just realized Cinco de Mayo is on Sunday and you’re not one to let a celebratory day go unrecognized. Want to throw a fiesta together in a flash? Head to your local grocer and pick up these yummy ingredients for a fun, easy Cinco.
• First stop—salsa! I’m a sucker for garlic so I recommend Sabra Roasted Garlic Salsa, a chunky variety that is chock full of tomatoes, onions, peppers and, as the name suggests, roasted garlic.
• What’s salsa without the perfect chip? Try Garden of Eatin’ Multi Grain Blues, made with organic blue corn, eight organic whole grains and Flaxseed, making it healthier than your average chip.
• Complete the trifecta of Cinco chips and dips with must-have guacamole. Try Wholly Guacamole Classic for a yummy, homemade taste with just a dash of garlic and a little spice.
• If you like to indulge in the occasional alcoholic beverage (or two) like I do, then margaritas are a must for this bash. The Patron Perfect Margarita box set includes a bottle of their incredible tequila as well as Patrón Citrónge, an orange liqueur, that really makes this brand’s version of the popular cocktail a standout.
• Fajitas are an easy dish to cook up for a crowd. Whether you’re making them with chicken or steak, roll ‘em up in Wrap-itz Whole Wheat Tortillas for a more healthful bread option.