Hair stylist Davy Newkirk styled The To Do List’s Rachel Bilson for her Comic-Con appearance last weekend in San Diego, Calif. and the brunette beauty looked amazing in a half-up do with loose texture. Davy tells OK! all about the inspiration behind the style and how to achieve it at home.
“Rachel is one of my favorite girls,” says Davy. “She always wants to look cool and stylish, yet effortless. For Comic-Con, she wore this amazing Marc Jacobs top—loved the panther print! I thought that her hair back off her face would look great so I went for a cool half-up and half-down style, making sure to have a great texture to give it a modern look.”
• Spray a little bit of Davines For Wizards No. 14 Sea Salt Primer all over your hair before rough drying. Then, using a medium round brush, smooth the hair out and give some more lift to the roots.
• Take random sections and wrap them around a 3/4-inch curling iron, starting at the nape of your neck and working your way up the head. Using your fingers and a blow dryer, break up and tousle the curls.
• Gather sections of hair from the top and sides and secure with a few bobby pins in the back.
• Run some Davines Defining Invisible Paste through to tame and give some more texture to the top section.
• With a large tooth comb, back comb loose hair and give hair a mist of Oribe Superfine Hairspray to finish.
Who had the standout look at Comic-Con 2013? Tell us in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.