Garrett Hedlund is a new fan of his On the Road co-star’s cooking, and now you can be too! Vogue has shared Kristen Stewart‘s beloved Tortilla Soup recipe!
“You got to try the tortilla soup!” Garrett recently raved to MTV. “It’s incredible. She’s honed it.”
And now you finally can, thanks to Vogue, which features Kristen on their February 2011 cover!
Follow Kristen’s recipe below!
• 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
• 2 bell peppers, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp. ground cumin
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 2 tsp. paprika
• 2 tsp. garlic salt
• 2 tbsp. chili powder
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• Fresh cilantro, chopped
• 2 flour tortillas
• Lime wedges
• Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
• Cook garlic, onion and cumin for a few minutes, until the onions are translucent.
• Add bell peppers, cook until tender — 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Stir in broth, tomatoes and jalapeños.
• Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring periodically.
• Cut tortillas into 2-inch wide strips, grill for a few minutes until toasted.
• Serve the soup in bowls and top with condiments.
After you test it out yourself, let us know what you think! Should Kristen consider making a cookbook?