I’m a self-proclaimed chocoholic, so when I heard couture chocolatiers jcoco have a giving back component to their business, I needed to learn more. Chocolate working to better the community? Sign me up! Currently partnered with Hopelink, Food Bank of New York and Food Bank of San Francisco and Marin County, each purchase of a jcoco product will give someone in need the opportunity for a healthy serving of food. Now I can rationalize my chocolate indulgence—this could be dangerous. Check out the brand’s unique offerings:
• The Veracruz Orange in White Chocolate is divine because the orange cuts the sweetness of the white chocolate just enough, and a hint of pepper provides a little heat at the end of each bite.
• Admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of dark chocolate, so I relied on my husband to taste test the Black Fig Pistachio in Dark Chocolate. He loved the way the chewiness of the fig complemented the crunchiness of the pistachios. This bar didn’t last long.
• Edamame Sea Salt in Milk Chocolate makes for the yummiest sweet and salty combo. The chocolate is so luscious and the edamame is a lovely accent.
• I’m kind of a purist so ultimately jcoco’s Vanuatu Origin Milk Chocolate is my favorite. I love the way each product is packaged in three individually-wrapped one-ounce bars so I can at least pretend to practice portion control!
• My hubby was psyched to resume his taste testing duties with the Noble Dark Chocolate. His review? Creamy and not bitter at all, which is usually my complaint concerning dark chocolate. This bar may make me a dark chocolate convert after all!
What satisfies your sweet tooth? Let me know in the comments below or tweet @OKMagazine.