Kids fashion has come a long way, particularly in the accessories arena where you can now find child-friendly versions of some of the same baubles and trends grownups are currently coveting. Considering I come from an era of banana clips (yikes!) and slap bracelets (which my younger brothers totally used as weapons against each other—why did anyone think those were a good idea?), I'm a little jealous of today's super-cute offerings.
So what's "in" these days among the younger style set? Jamie Reeves, founder of Blonde Mom Blog, says, "Head to toe neon is fun for tween girls, from socks to watches (with glow-in-the dark faces) and mustache theme jewelry is quirky cool!"
Here's a look at some of our favorite finishing touches to add a little fun to your kid's wardrobe.
• Mustaches are still having their moment, so these Glitter Mustache Snap Hair Clips from Justice are a fun way to get on board with the trend.
• Spotted on celeb kids like Kingston and Zuma Rossdale as well as Heidi Klum's daughter Lou, Shwings (that's right, shoe wings) are a really fun addition to little footwear. Available in a slew of different colors, patterns and styles, my three-year-old insists they make him run "super fast."
• As a mom to two boys, Wunway makes me really consider trying for that girl. How cute is their Bow Collar Necklace?
• Some accessories are simply born out of necessity, like Wee Drool's amazing waterproof, reversible t-bibs. They look like t-shirts, but really they're outfit-saving rock stars. If you've got a drooler on your hands, these are a must-have.
• Just looking at bright and colorful Juniorbeads make me happy. Crafted with 100% silicone beads and containing no bpa, pthalates or lead, these sweet necklaces are perfect for the budding fashionista.
• It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...Super Kid! Power Capes represent everything childhood should be—playful, imaginative and fun! Who wouldn't want to feel like a superhero on a daily basis?