Ever since we heard that the the family-friendly actresses Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Benson got cast in a sexy, R-rated film about college girls who go on spring break, we were intrigued. Like, how R-rated was Spring Breakers really going to be? Were they going to be drunk in the movie? Smoke up? Have some sex? Answers to all those things are yes, yes and yes.
It's been a few days since we've seen Spring Breakers and, truth, we still don't know how we feel about it. But still, here we are with another installment of OK! Or OMG?!, where we tell you 5 things we know about the movie after seeing it that you may not now from just watching the trailer. So, here goes…
1. It's raunchier than you're expecting. Rated R means, ya know, Rated R, but this movie is FULL of breasts and booze and bongs (and F bombs). And also a threesome. And lots of violence. You've been warned.
2. All the girls wear in the film are bikinis. We get that they were trying to go with the whole spring break theme where you literally just live in your bathing suit, but there was maaaaybe 2 scenes where Britt, Cotty, Candy and Faith were wearing actual clothes. Oh wait, there were also a few scenes where they wore robbers' masks and sweatpants that said "DTF" on them, but more on that when you actually see the film…
3. James Franco is hilarious. He plays Alien, a rapper slash drug dealer who befriends the girls when they head to Florida for their spring break, and he is just funny without even trying. There's a scene where he sings "Everytime" by Britney Spears on the piano and it all makes no sense but yet at the same time is just so perfect.
4. Selena Gomez plays the good girl. We know. From the previews you've seen it looks like there IS no good girl in this movie, but Sel plays Faith, the Catholic girl who joins the other gals on the trip and then ends it abruptly (and no, she doesn't die). But it makes sense because if Selena strayed too far from her Alex Russo Disney image, we'd just be weirded out.
5. It's not realistic. Don't go into this movie thinking that you're going to relive your spring break trip where you went to Cancun with your best friends circa 2007. You won't at all. Unless your real life trip involved robbing some people, getting arrested, doing weird things with strangers, and plotting murders. The drinking thing is probably pretty on point though.
OK! or OMG?! — Acting wise and plot wise, we think the film was a bit over the top and all that bad-assness was a tad bit unnecessary. But we'll give this film an OMG because literally, you'll watch it and the whole time you'll say "OMG, did that really just happen? OMG, did she really just do that?!"
Spring Breakers is out now in NY and LA and hits theaters nationwide next Friday, March 22! After what we just told you, think you're going to see it? Which of the 4 main girls is your favorite? Tweet us @OKMagazine!