Your eyes did not deceive you. The red carpet of the 2014 Grammys was looking a little spare, with long chunks of time before any A-lister felt like striding through, and as for the actual ceremony? We fought the urge to snooze for the third hour or so. What was missing?
Well, loads of celebrities, that's who. This seems like one of the least attended Grammys in history. We are still on a Drake high from his hosting gig on Saturday Night Live, but he was nowhere to be seen despite his three nominations. Kanye West definitely should have been nominated for more than his two, but did that mean he had to deprive us of an appearance (from him and Kim Kardashian!). Here are more people who were nominated but didn't show:
• Justin Timberlake
• Rihanna (she won best urban contemporary album!)
• Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
• Lana Del Rey
• Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine
• David Bowie
• Matt Bellamy of Muse (could have brought his lady Kate Hudson!)
• Kelly Clarkson
And three people who weren't nominated but definitely would have helped liven things up:
• Lady Gaga
• Miley Cyrus
• John Mayer
- Kelly Rowland Says Jay-Z Is One of the 'Greatest Men' She Knows After He Called Out the Grammys for Snubbing Wife Beyoncé
- Rapper Killer Mike Is Confident He'll Be 'Cleared of All Wrongdoing' After Booked for Battery at 2024 Grammy Awards
- Travis Kelce Spills He Heard Some of Taylor Swift's New Album: 'It Is Unbelievable'
Why do you think these celebrities didn't show up? Do you think the Grammys are losing their luster? Who should have performed? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.