You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
OK LogoNEWS

David Dobrik Makes His Return To Youtube Following Sexual Assault Allegations Within The 'Vlog Squad', Teases New Episodes

Jun. 16 2021, Published 5:03 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Youtube star David Dobrick is back creating video content for the first time since he announced that he was taking a break from social media following allegations of sexual assault within the “Vlog Squad,” that came to light back in March.

Article continues below advertisement

The social media star made his return to the platform that made him famous with a new video called “Surprising my friends!!” that was posted on Tuesday June, 15. He also teased “new Vlogs every Tuesday :)” on his Instagram account.

khphotos
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

In the video, there is very little acknowledgement of the allegations or of Dobrick's social media break. The only subtle mention happens when Vlog Squad member Jonathan Nash's mother tells Dobrick, "I've been worried about you. I’m on Xanax because of you."

Within the four minute trailer, the 24-year-old surprises his friends with a trip to Hawaii. The sneak peak also heavily features Jeff Wittek, who revealed the near death situations he was put in and the serious injuries he sustained while doing a stunt for David's YouTube channel.

Article continues below advertisement

"Hold off the lawsuit…yeah, he's got it. He's doing something," Wittek says mockingly while pretending to make an important phone call.

Article continues below advertisement
david dobrik makes his return to youtube following sexual assault allegations within the vlog squad
Source: DavidDobrik/YouTube

Back in March, the star stepped down from the board of the app Dispo, which he co-founded, amid sexual assault allegations made against a member of his YouTube group, The Vlog Squad. Allegations arose when a woman named Hannah, who wished to remain anonymous, alleged that she was she was raped by a member of the squad in 2018 when the group of YouTubers filmed a video, which has since been deleted, about group sex.

Article continues below advertisement

The anonymous person claimed that she and her friends had been supplied with alcohol (Hannah was reportedly 20 years old at the time) and that she was too intoxicated to consent.

At the time, the content creator stated in a second apology video that "I've put myself in a lot of situations where I needed to apologize for my past actions and I’ve never done this correctly. I've never done this respectfully, and my last video is a testament to that."

Article continues below advertisement

Dobrick's attorney gave a statement following the appalling allegations saying, "Anyone who knows him knows he does not condone misconduct in any form. Vlog participants provide consent before anything is posted. Whenever consent is retracted, posts are removed. Any insinuation of wrongdoing is inaccurate and defamatory."

In another apology video Dobrick said, "I've grown as a content creator and as a person, and I don't agree with some of the videos I've posted."

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.