You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
OK LogoROYALS

Meghan Markle's Childhood Boyfriend To The Rescue — Ex Slams Bullying Claims Made Against The Duchess

Apr. 1 2021, Updated 2:02 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Not having it.

Article continues below advertisement

Meghan Markle's childhood boyfriend Joshua Silverstein slammed the bullying accusations made against the Duchess during her time as a senior royal member.

After a March 2 report claimed Meghan bullied royal staffers, based on a complaint filed in October 2018, Silverstein came to the brunette beauty's defense, sharing that he doesn't "personally see her" mistreating others.

Article continues below advertisement
meghan markle childhood boyfriend refutes royal staffer bullying claims
Source: MEGA

He further dished that she is the kind of person who would do whatever it takes to avoid conflict and fit in with her surroundings. 

Article continues below advertisement

"I see her doing whatever it is she feels like she should do in order to be happy and coexist within a system that has probably not been very welcoming to who she is and where she comes from," Silverstein said.

Article continues below advertisement

In addition, he speculated that Meghan's race may be playing a part in the backlash and accusations, which portray Meghan in a negative light.

“When you find women of color — particularly Black women — standing up for themselves and speaking out and speaking against what they feel [is] disrespect or oppression, often times whiteness tends to classify that in negative ways because they don’t want that to happen," Silverstein stated.

Article continues below advertisement

"It’s almost like people are expected to know their place and whenever they don’t fall in line with that, then people say it’s a problem,” he candidly added.

Article continues below advertisement

As OK! previously reported, shortly after it was confirmed on Friday, February 19, that Meghan, 39, and Prince Harry, 36, were not returning as working royals, bullying accusations against the Duchess of Sussex were brought to light by the The Times London on March 2.

According to the report, the couple's former communications secretary, Jason Knauf, made the bullying complaint — something the former actress has fiercely denied — alleging that Meghan "drove two personal assistants out of the household and was undermining the confidence of a third staff member."

Article continues below advertisement

One day after the allegations made headlines, Buckingham Palace released a statement, sharing that they were "clearly very concerned" about the allegations, before noting that the palace: "will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace." They added that the palace HR team will "look into the circumstances outlined in the article," as well as try to speak to current and former staffers regarding the controversial claims.

However, OK! reported that Buckingham Palace decided to hand the investigation off to a third-party two weeks after they said they would look into the claims made against the Duchess.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.