The countdown for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's primetime tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey has begun. In three days, the world's most-watched couple will share their side to life as royal members, their decision to leave it all behind and much, much more.
In a new promotional clip of the 90-minute special, Winfrey asked Meghan: "How do you feel about the palace hearing you speak your truth today?," to which she responded: "I don't know how they could expect that after all of this time we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us."
The soon-to-be mother-of-two candidly added: "And if that comes with risk of losing things, I mean there's a lot that's been lost already."
While the world eagerly awaits the debut of the couple's special, Harry and Meghan recently found themselves entangled in another royal scandal just days before the release of their interview on Sunday, March 7.
Meghan made headlines earlier this week after a report by UK Times alleged she bullied her royal staff members when she was a working member of the royal family. As OK! previously reported, the complaint against the former Suits actress was made in October 2018 by the couple's former communications secretary, Jason Knauf — who said Meghan "drove two personal assistants out of the household and was undermining the confidence of a third staff member."
After Harry learned of the complaint made by Knauf — who reported the accusations to Prince William's private secretary, Simon Case, who is now the cabinet secretary, and Samantha Carruthers, the head of HR — he allegedly insisted on meeting with Knauf to beg him to not pursue the claims. Harry and Meghan's lawyers reportedly denied this meeting ever took place.
Since the report was shared with the public on Tuesday, March 2, a spokesperson for Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39 — who officially cut ties with their royal life last month — slammed the accusations, calling them "a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation."
They added: “It’s no coincidence that distorted several-year-old accusations aimed at undermining The Duchess are being briefed to the British media shortly before she and The Duke are due to speak openly and honestly about their experience of recent years,” referring to Harry and Meghan's upcoming special with Winfrey.
While Harry and Meghan try to assuage the alleged false claims, a source told The Royal Observer that these accusations may just be the tip of the iceberg. “The Palace did everything they could to cover up the complaints that were made about Meghan, but that ended the moment she sat down with Oprah,” The Royal Observer source shared.
Buckingham Palace has since released a statement saying that they will look into the bullying claims against Meghan.