or
Sign in with lockrMail
BREAKING NEWS
Article continues below advertisement
OK LogoHEALTH

Perez Hilton Remains Hospitalized Nearly 2 Weeks After Frightening Livestream as Family Gives Health Update

Photo of Perez Hilton
Source: MEGA

Perez Hilton remained hospitalized nearly two weeks after his frightening livestream, with his family sharing an update on his health.

Aug. 17 2026, Published 12:31 p.m. ET

Article continues below advertisement

Perez Hilton remains hospitalized nearly two weeks after his alarming livestream.

In an update posted to Hilton's celebrity gossip website, his family said he remained in inpatient care and was getting the treatment he needed. They added that the site would resume its regular celebrity coverage while he continued recovering.

The update came nearly two weeks after the August 4 TikTok Live that led authorities to respond to reports of a possible suicide attempt at his Florida home.

Article continues below advertisement

Perez Hilton Continued Receiving Inpatient Care

Image of Perez Hilton continued receiving inpatient care after his frightening livestream.
Source: MEGA

Perez Hilton continued receiving inpatient care after his frightening livestream.

TMZ previously reported that Hilton was treated for an overdose and multiple injuries after authorities responded to the incident and transported him to a hospital.

His family previously told fans that they were able to communicate with him and described his condition as "serious but stable."

The latest update also came as more details emerged about what happened at his home during the mental health crisis.

Article continues below advertisement

Perez Hilton’s Sister Recounted the Frightening Scene

Image of Perez Hilton’s sister Barbara Hilton recalled the harrowing scene she encountered when she arrived at his home.
Source: MEGA

Perez Hilton’s sister Barbara Hilton recalled the harrowing scene she encountered when she arrived at his home.

Perez’s sister Barbara Hilton previously told Page Six about what happened when she arrived at his home following the incident.

Recalling the moment she found her brother, Barbara said, "When I opened the door, my nightmare became a reality. [Perez] was standing in front of the shower, naked, cut up, covered in blood, with a box cutter in his hand."

His family later confirmed that Perez’s children, niece, and sister were all at the home when he was "experiencing a severe mental health crisis and harming himself."

The family members left the home after realizing the severity of the situation, with his sister explaining that "they immediately fled to protect the children from witnessing any further trauma."

Perez’s three minor children have since become part of a separate legal matter involving his mother, Teresita Lavandeira.

MORE ON:
Perez Hilton

Want OK! each day? Sign up here!

Article continues below advertisement

Perez Hilton Consented to Temporary Custody of His Children

Image of Perez Hilton’s mother Teresita Lavandeira pursued temporary custody of his three children.
Source: MEGA

Perez Hilton’s mother Teresita Lavandeira pursued temporary custody of his three children.

Teresita filed for temporary custody of Perez’s three children and requested that records connected to the case be sealed.

In her filing, she explained, "The children in this case should not be subjected to any further trauma related to the incidents that are the basis of the petition."

Perez supported the temporary custody arrangement and signed a consent form allowing his mother to assume temporary custodial rights over his children.

Image of Perez Hilton’s mother received temporary authority to make medical, dental and school decisions for his children.
Source: MEGA

Perez Hilton’s mother received temporary authority to make medical, dental and school decisions for his children.

The agreement included permission for Teresita to make necessary and reasonable medical and dental care decisions, obtain records such as birth certificates, and enroll the children in school.

Page Six first reported the custody filing.

Perez had previously remained hospitalized under Florida’s Baker Act, which allows for involuntary hospitalization in certain circumstances involving severe mental health concerns.

His family also said he would require surgery for injuries sustained during the crisis.

More From OK! Magazine

    © Copyright 2026 OK!™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. OK! is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.