“No one knew,” a royal insider spilled, adding “there was chaos” after the bombshell news swept through the palace.
As OK! previously reported, Prince Harry is writing a memoir that’s scheduled to be released in late 2022. “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become,” the 36-year-old former royal said in a statement posted on Archewell on Monday, July 19. “I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think."
The father-of-two continued: “I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
The 72-year-old is reportedly still fuming over the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview. Prince Harry revealed on television that his father had “stopped taking'' his calls and shockingly claimed that Prince Charles and his older brother, Prince William, are “trapped” within their royal roles.
“He treated me the way he was treated,” Prince Harry told Shepard. “So we as parents should be doing the most we can to try and say, ‘You know what? That happened to me, I’m going to make sure that doesn’t happen to you.”