ROYAL FAMILY NEWSPrince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Montecito Neighbors Are 'Thrilled' They’re Moving Back to the U.K., Claims Insider: 'The Town Is Exhausted by Them'

The Sussexes and their children are moving back to the U.K.
Aug. 21 2026, Published 11:18 a.m. ET
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's neighbors in Montecito, Calif., are reportedly breathing a sigh of relief amid news that the Sussexes are moving back to the U.K.
The family-four's update was revealed on Wednesday, August 19.
'Couldn't Be More Thrilled'

There were 'concerns' when the Sussexes first moved to California, a neighbor claimed.
"When we first heard Harry and Meghan were moving to Montecito, there were definitely some concerns," a resident of the affluent California neighborhood told Page Six. "There had already been so much negative press and attention surrounding them and the royal family, and I think people worried about what kind of spotlight that could bring to such a quiet community."
One insider said they "couldn't be more thrilled" that Prince Harry and Meghan are moving back across the pond.
'Good Riddance!'

A source claimed 'a lot of people' in the neighborhood 'will be happy' that they are gone.
The source continued, "Montecito is a very private, peaceful place, and I think a lot of people here will be happy to see things go back to being a little quieter."
However, they emphasized that they could speak only for themselves and the resident they talked with, not the entire community — though it seems the feeling is a shared one around town, as another neighbor told Page Six, "Good riddance!"
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
'The Town Is Exhausted by Them'

Another insider said they are 'always asking' for 'favors' simply 'because of their titles.'
The insider claimed numerous people are "happy" to see the Sussexes go since they supposedly are "always asking for grandiose favors" from their friends and acquaintances "because of their titles" and "never giving anything back" to them or "the actual Montecito community."
They added, "The town is exhausted by them, the entitlement and the never-ending drama."
According to the source, some locals have even begun referring to the pair as the "Grift and Griftess of Sussex."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Going Back This Month

The family is said to be going for an 'extended amount of time.'
As previously reported by OK!, the family is headed back to England more than six years after giving up their status as working members of the royal family.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, along with their two children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, are going to the U.K. for an "extended amount of time" starting this month.
King Charles was reportedly "made aware" of Harry and Meghan's plans to move on Sunday, August 16, and "welcomes" the chance to spend more time with them in a "private and personal capacity."
The pair had reportedly already "secured a private, non-royal home in Britain," and their children are expected to start school in the U.K. in September.

