ROYAL FAMILY NEWSInside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle U.K. Return: Pair Have 'Secured a Private, Non-Royal Home in Britain' Outside of London

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly secured a private, non-royal home in Britain ahead of their U.K. return.
Aug. 20 2026, Updated 4:34 a.m. ET
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are moving back to the U.K. after six years residing in the United States.
Although the shocking news only broke on Thursday, August 19, the pair had reportedly already “secured a private, non-royal home in Britain,” per The Mirror. In fact, their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, are also expected to start school in the U.K. in September.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Secured a Private Home in Britain

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan to move back to the U.K. in the upcoming weeks.
The exact location of their new home is kept tightly under wraps due to security and privacy concerns, per the outlet. The same is true for the information regarding which school the royal children will attend next month.
Although it was initially speculated that Archie will be enrolled in Eton College, those claims were denied by sources close to the Sussexes.
Harry has long maintained that he is concerned about his family’s security when visiting the U.K. after taxpayer-funded police security was stripped from his entourage following his and Markle's decision to step back as senior royals and relocate to America.

Prince Harry previously stated his concerns about security measures for his family during their U.K. visit.
In fact, the long-awaited reunion between his ailing father, King Charles III, Markle and their children almost fell through due to the same security concerns and a prolonged back-and-forth between Harry and the royal household.
Thankfully, they were able to overcome those concerns and reunite the family after the Prince arranged private security for his family during their short trip in July.
As such, questions about what security measures would be in place for the estranged royals once they move back to the country and who would pay for it remain.
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Move to the U.K. Might be a Step Towards Reconciliation

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not step back into their senior royal duties despite moving back to Britain.
Despite moving back to Britain, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will reportedly not take on any royal duties. They will instead focus on their charity work and pursue business ventures while they stay in the U.K.
The pair will also reportedly retain their home in Montecito, California, which could signal that their U.K. stay is not intended to be permanent, at least for now.
However, this could be a step toward Harry reconciling with his family, something he has expressed keen interest in.

Prince Harry might be trying to reconcile with the royal family by moving his family back to the U.K.
A source told The Mirror, “There's no doubt [Harry] enjoyed his time in the UK with his family, especially getting the opportunity to see his father with his wife and children.”
“The last few years have been incredibly emotional for him, and now he's reached a place where he wants to not only visit his home country more, but also would really like to be with his family,” they continued.
They stated in conclusion, “He's said before that he would like reconciliation with his family, so undoubtedly he's determined to make things work, and that means not doing anything to jeopardise that.”


