You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
OK LogoROYALS

Prince Harry's Return To U.K. For Princess Diana's Statue Unveiling Will Be A 'Fleeting Visit,' Says Source

Jun. 24 2021, Published 11:36 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Just stopping by! Prince Harry apparently has no plans to stay in the U.K. for long upon his return for the July 1 unveiling of the late Princess Diana's statue in London.

Article continues below advertisement

“It'll be a fleeting visit,” an insider dished, noting the Duke of Sussex's return won’t be as long as his April trip to his homeland for Prince Philip's funeral service. "He’ll be in and out."

As OK! previously reported, Meghan Markle may be accompanying her husband for his late mother's statue unveiling, as she knows how hard it was for Harry to face his family all on his own during his grandfather's funeral.

Article continues below advertisement
microsoftteams image  copy
Source: MEGA

While Meghan was unable to attend the Duke of Edinburgh's procession because she was pregnant, the Duchess of Sussex is apparently ready to make the trek over the pond only weeks after giving birth to the couple's daughter, Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor.

Article continues below advertisement

Meghan will be a "secret guest" at the ceremony, an insider exclusively told Radar. However, the couple may be planning a quick trip to the U.K. so they can return to their 2-year-old son, Archie, and newborn daughter — whom Harry and Meghan welcomed on Friday, June 4.

Article continues below advertisement

Despite the length of his stay, Harry will still have a chance to speak with Prince William following their first face-to-face reunion at Philip's funeral. However, it is unlikely that the brothers will have enough time to patch up the damage done to their relationship since Harry and Meghan stepped back from their royal life last year.

“While the brothers are uniting for the unveiling, sadly, they won’t get to spend much time together," said an insider, per Us Weekly — who reported Harry's plan for a quick trip.

Article continues below advertisement

Harry's April return to London marked his first time back since the power couple's royal exit, dubbed Megxit. It also marked the first time the 36-year-old saw his royal family since the duo made bombshell claims about The Firm and their lives behind palace walls.

Article continues below advertisement

And after Harry was given "the cold shoulder by most of his relatives," with "several refusing to talk to him or make eye contact," upon his first trip back, one can only assume how he will be greeted the second time around.

“Since the funeral, things have got worse, not better, so you can only imagine how he will be treated at the big event on July 1st,” the Radar source recently dished.

If Meghan chooses to join Harry for the monumental event in London, the pair will have to quarantine for at least five days before joining the royals at Kensington Palace, which is where the statue will be displayed.

Advertisement
More Stories

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.