SUBMIT
BREAKING NEWS
OK LogoNEWS

Two More Families Of Astroworld Festival Victims Reject Travis Scott's Offer To Cover Funeral Costs, After Ezra Blount's Relatives Decline The Funds

two more families of astroworld festival victims reject travis scott offer cover funeral costs
Source: MEGA

Dec. 1 2021, Published 6:57 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Travis Scott might have offered to pay the funeral expenses for those who lost their lives at Astroworld Festival last month, but not everyone is accepting the money.

Article continues below advertisement

Ten people lost their lives and hundreds of fans were injured following a crowd surge at the show, which took place on Friday, November 5.

As previously reported by OK!, the family of Ezra Blount declined the offer. The 9-year-old passed away on Sunday, November 14. He was hospitalized and placed in a medically induced coma after being injured at the show.

Article continues below advertisement
two more families of astroworld festival victims reject travis scott offer cover funeral costs
Source: MEGA
Article continues below advertisement

"Your client’s offer is declined," the Blount family’s attorney Bob Hillard told Scott’s lawyer Daniel Petrocelli, per Rolling Stone. "I have no doubt Mr. Scott feels remorse. His journey ahead will be painful. He must face and hopefully see that he bears some of the responsibility for this tragedy."

Now, more families are reportedly rejecting the "Sicko Mode" singer's offer. TMZ spoke to the attorney's representing the families of John Hilgert, 14, and Danish Baig, 27.

Article continues below advertisement

"We received a written offer from Travis Scott's attorney Dan Petrocelli indicating that he would pay $7,500 in funeral burial costs and my clients are rejecting that," Michael Lyons told the outlet. Lyons is representing the Baig's family in a civil lawsuit against Scott and others.

"[Y]ou can infer that when a parent has to bury their child that they're not really interested in people who may have contributed to that being involved," the attorney said and noted that the family does not want the rapper near their son's burial.

Article continues below advertisement
two more families of astroworld festival victims reject travis scott offer cover funeral costs
Source: MEGA

Lyons told the publication that his clients hope that there is legislative reform so what happened at Astroworld will not be repeated.

Article continues below advertisement

The Mithoff law firm is representing Hilgert's family in a lawsuit against Scott but did not elaborate on why they are declining the offer.

Article continues below advertisement
two more families of astroworld festival victims reject travis scott offer cover funeral costs
Source: MEGA

Scott has been named in a series of lawsuits in the aftermath of the tragedy, including a $750 million lawsuit filed on behalf of 125 victims. The "goosebumps" singer was accused of glorifying "violence and other dangerous behaviors" in the suit. Drake, Apple Music, Live Nation, Epic Records, Tristar Sports & Entertainment Group and Scott's Cactus Jack Records were also named.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.