Have you seen the completely insane video of Solange Knowles attacking her brother-in-law Jay Z in an elevator at the Met Ball last week? TMZ has obtained an elevator feed of the singer kicking, punching, and spitting on the rapper, all while Beyonce stands by watching. What happened?! Watch the extended TMZ video here.
In the video, Jay, Bey, and Solange walk into the elevator calmly, and then the younger Knowles immediately gets into Jay’s face and seems to be screaming. She swings at him, and a bodyguard jumps in to hold her back. Beyonce, mysteriously, doesn’t even flinch while this is happening—not even when spit nearly lands on her. Some ideas:
• Solange has always hated Jay Z. One of the most amazing aspects of the video is the way in which no one looks surprised that she’s attacking him!
• The two have beef about Solange not joining the On the Run tour.
• He insulted Solange’s dress. It was kind of silly.
• He insulted Solange’s hair. It did not look cute.
• Jay Z told Solange she couldn’t baby-sit Blue Ivy anymore.
• Solange is really sick of the song “Drunk in Love.”
• Jay Z put down Solange’s son, Julez.
Of course, all these reasons are speculation for now. Stay tuned here for updates when Solange, Jay Z, or Beyonce make their statements about the situation!
The Standard Hotel, where the fight took place, has released a statement to The Grio. “We are shocked and disappointed that there was a clear breach of our security system and the confidentiality that we count on providing our guests. We are investigating with the utmost urgency the circumstances surrounding the situation and, as is our customary practice, will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity.” The story continues to develop!
What do you think happened at the Met Ball? Were you surprised by the video? Why didn’t Beyonce get involved? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.