Now that it’s November, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is only days away. The cast is celebrating by doing a “global fan day,” with the actors interacting with fans all over social media. Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth took part in a Google+ hangout, a Twitter takeover, a Tumblr chat, and a Facebook Q&A session. Whew! Here’s what we learned at their hangout:
• Jennifer Lawrence’s favorite scene in the movie is when Josh gets knocked unconscious and she kisses him back to life. Apparently, in one take there was a very obvious string of drool that amused her very much.
• The most intense scene for Liam to film was his whipping scene (seen in the trailer), which apparently took three days to film. Three days of whipping!
• The scene you should emotionally prepare for? Peeta’s painting of Rue on the floor of the training center. “Can I talk about this? It’s in the book!” Jennifer asked before explaining that the scene broke her up, and that she also just missed actress Amandla Stenberg, who played Rue.
• Liam recently dislocated his shoulder doing a cartwheel. He seemed really upset about it, which made me want to comfort him in my arms. This has little to do with the movie but is obviously very important if you love Liam (and who doesn’t).
• Thankfully, someone asked about Jennifer’s haircut! She said it’s not for a role and it’s not even for fun. It’s to annoy Francis Lawrence, the director. Well, that clears things up!
• Josh shared that his craziest fan interaction was recently, when someone came up to him and told he hated all of his movies, including The Hunger Games. What is the matter with people!
• Of all the different terrors in the Catching Fire arena, Jennifer would rather put up with the lightning tree, while Josh and Liam wanted the blood rain. Ewww.
• Jennifer said she accidentally lost her $8,000 bow in the ocean while she was frolicking in the waves between takes. The prop stylist found it but was not super psyched about it, understandably!
• If each of the stars could meet their characters, Jennifer would go to the archery range with Katniss for some tips, Liam would use Gael for hunting advice, and Josh would take Peeta to an MMA fight to man him up a little bit!
• Jennifer refused to reveal which of the boys is a better kisser, but while she explaining that, Josh interrupted to say that actually, Jennifer is a terrible kisser. Don’t joke like that, Josh!
• Another fan asked Jennifer which character she relates to the most, and she said Gael because she knows what it’s like to let go of someone you love, who loves someone else. Um, is J.Law in a love triangle?!
Are you counting down the days until Catching Fire? Have you ever read the books? What do you hope they do in the second movie? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @OKMagazine.