Surrounded By Scandal, Armie Hammer's Roles In Upcoming Projects 'Could End Up On The Cutting Room Floor': Insider
Things keep going from bad to worse for Armie Hammer.
In January, the Call Me by Your Name actor dropped out of his upcoming movie, Shotgun Wedding, opposite Jennifer Lopez after direct messages he allegedly sent to women in which he described himself as a "cannibal" and detailed disturbing sexual fantasies were leaked online.
On February 3, Hammer was dropped by his talent agency, WME, and now OK! has learned that the disgraced star may get cut from his new film, Next Goal Wins, which has already been shot.
ARMIE HAMMER'S WIFE RESPONDS TO BACKLASH AFTER THE ACTOR SHARED VIDEO OF THEIR TODDLER SUCKING ON HIS TOES
"He's radioactive and everybody knows it," notes a source, adding that the actor's completed but unreleased work "is getting a second look" as studios want to do damage control.
Hammer, 34, who's been battling his estranged wife, Elizabeth Chambers, 38, over custody of their young children since their split last July, "has dismissed the claims against him as bulls**t. But the fact is, he's a pariah in Hollywood now," continues the source. "It's hard to see how he's ever going to come back from this."
The source added that another one of Hammer's finished projects, Death on the Nile, may be in jeopardy. The film isn't slated for release until September, so "his part could end up on the cutting room floor."
SOCIAL DISTANCING FOR GOOD: CELEB COUPLES WHO’VE CALLED IT QUITS DURING QUARANTINE
- After Short Fling With Armie Hammer, Rumer Willis Is 'Really Grateful' She Didn't Get Caught Up In The 'Nightmare': Source
- Armie Hammer Reportedly Axed From 'Billion Dollar Spy' Film Following Rape Claims, DMs Scandal
- 'I Thought That He Was Going To Kill Me': Armie Hammer's First Accuser On Social Media Publicly Comes Forward, Claims She Was Violently Raped
The scandal has cost Hammer his reputation with people who were once close to him. Rumer Willis, who was said to have been heartbroken when her month-long relationship with Hammer ended in December, is now grateful that she didn't get caught up in his "nightmare," according to a separate source.
As OK! previously reported, the 32-year-old has been telling friends that she feels lucky, according to the insider, and "feels badly for all of the victims."
As for his estranged wife, Chambers shared her side of the story earlier this month. "Heartbreak aside, I am listening, and will continue to listen and educate myself on these delicate matters. I didn't realize how much I didn't know," she posted on Instagram on February 1. "I support any victim of assault or abuse and urge anyone who has experienced this pain to seek the help she or he needs to heal. At this time, I will not be commenting further on this matter."
INSIDE ARMIE HAMMER'S SEX DEN OF SIN: THE $5.8 MILLION MANSION HE ONCE CALLED HIS FAMILY HOME
Hammer initially refused to respond to the claims — his team said that the allegations were "patently untrue," adding that any interactions he had with his sexual partners were consensual and were "fully discussed, agreed upon, and mutually participatory."
"The stories being perpetuated in the media are a misguided attempt to present a one-sided narrative with the goal of tarnishing Mr. Hammer's reputation, and communications from the individuals involved prove that," Hammer's attorney Andrew Brettler said while responding to the allegations.