You want it? You got it! Fresh celeb news daily.

SUBMIT
OK LogoNEWS

Thousands Petition For Cancelation Of Colton Underwood's New Netflix Show Due To Harassment Allegations Made By Ex Cassie Randolph

cassie
Source: MEGA

Apr. 19 2021, Published 1:27 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Former Bachelor Colton Underwood publicly came out as gay during a chat with GMA’s Robin Roberts on Wednesday, April 14. While several Bachelor Nation alums rallied around the 29-year-old’s brave decision to live his truth, many are upset that Underwood appears to be capitalizing on his sexuality after it was announced he has a Netflix reality series in development.  

Article continues below advertisement

Underwood will star in a multi-episode series for the streaming giant that will focus on him “living his life publicly as a gay man” and that will also feature out Olympian Gus Kenworthy as his mentor, according to Variety.   

Article continues below advertisement

Shortly after the reality series dedicated to Underwood’s fresh start was announced, a Change.org petition was created calling for Netflix to cancel the series due to the shocking harassment allegations lodged against him by his ex, Cassie Randolph. The petition currently has over 20,000 signatures. 

“Colton is a former Bachelor lead who stalked his final pick, Cassie Randolph,” the petition read. “He placed a tracker on her car, sent her and her friends anonymous threatening texts, and was even seen standing outside her window extremely late in the night, resulting in her brother attempting to de-escalate the situation.” 

Article continues below advertisement

The petition description continued: “Cassie is a victim of Colton’s abuse, and he does not deserve a platform in any way. Regardless of his sexuality, Colton should not be given a platform as a result of his abusive, manipulative, and dangerous behavior.” 

Article continues below advertisement

The former NFL player famously jumped over a fence to pursue Randolph during his turn as the lead on The Bachelor in 2019 and cut the season short to date her after she voluntarily exited the show. However, their romance was short-lived; they called it quits in May 2020. 

Things took a dark turn after their split, when Randolph was granted a restraining order against the former athlete in September of last year due to alleged harassment and stalking. Underwood denied the claims, and Randolph ultimately dropped the charges in November.  

Article continues below advertisement

During his bombshell chat with Roberts, Underwood apologized to Randolph for his behavior and how he treated her. “I got into a place with my personal life that was dark and bad, and I can list a bunch of different things, but they’d all be excuses,” he said of their controversial split. “I’d like to say sorry for how things ended. I messed up. I made a lot of bad choices.”  

The Bachelorette alum added that he was in love with Randolph, which made figuring out his sexuality all the more difficult. “I loved everything about her and it’s hard for me to articulate exactly what my emotions were in going through that relationship with her, because I obviously had an internal fight going on,” he said.  

Article continues below advertisement
colton_cassie
Source: MEGA

OK! previously reported that Randolph was blinded by the news of Underwood’s revelation, as “she was not made aware in advance that he was going to be on GMA doing a tell-all,” an insider dished, adding that she “hasn’t really had time to navigate how she feels about it yet.”  

Article continues below advertisement

The 25-year-old blonde beauty broke her silence on Friday, April 16, while vacationing with friends and family. She shared a short post on her Instagram Story thanking “everyone for all the kind comments and messages.”  

She went on to share that she will be posting a new video on her YouTube channel next week, although she did not say whether or not she would address Underwood’s interview directly. “And yes, some of you are asking about my Youtube for this week. I decided to take the week off, but will have on again next week!!” she wrote, according to PEOPLE.  

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Empire Media Group, Inc. OK! is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.