or
Sign in with lockrMail
BREAKING NEWS
Article continues below advertisement
OK LogoROYAL FAMILY NEWS

Ex-Prince Andrew Rejects King Charles' Invitation to Stay With Royals at Balmoral as He Fears Being an 'Outcast,' Source Says

image of Andrew and Charles
Source: MEGA

The Ex-Duke of York apparently has no desire to see the rest of The Firm at Balmoral this summer.

Aug. 18 2026, Published 2:04 p.m. ET

Article continues below advertisement

Ex-Prince Andrew reportedly turned down King Charles' offer to visit Balmoral Castle later this summer.

The former Duke of York, 66, currently resides at The Firm's Norfolk estate, Sandringham, and according to a source, he has no interest in leaving to take part in a family reunion.

Article continues below advertisement

Ex-Prince Andrew Doesn't Feel Like He's 'Part of the Family'

image of royal family
Source: MEGA

Ex-Prince Andrew feels like the 'outcast' of his family, a source said.

Andrew's reputation has taken a dive over the years as his friendship with s-- trafficker Jeffrey Epstein led to him losing his royal titles, as well as his longtime Windsor home, the Royal Lodge. The shamed ex-prince was also arrested in February on suspicion of misconduct in public office and was accused of sexual assault in the past, which he denied.

“Andrew feels he’s been abandoned," a source told The Sun. "He feels like he is no longer part of the family."

Article continues below advertisement

image of prince Andrew
Source: MEGA

Ex-Prince Andrew feels like The Firm 'abandoned' him.

“He was invited but has got no great desire to be at Balmoral as he has nothing to gain and would be treated as an outcast," the insider divulged. "What’s the point, he feels, of going all the way there for a much-needed holiday and being treated as an elephant in the room?”

According to the publication, up to 30 members of the royal family are set to gather at Scotland's Balmoral Castle in the coming weeks.

MORE ON:
Prince Andrew

Want OK! each day? Sign up here!

Article continues below advertisement

Prince Edward and His Wife Sophie Checked Up on Ex-Prince Andrew Earlier This Year

image of prince Edward
Source: MEGA

Prince Edward reportedly paid a visit to see ex-Prince Andrew back in April for a 'brotherly welfare check.'

While the disgraced ex-duke has been holed up at Sandringham, his younger brother, Prince Edward, is reportedly one of the only members of the royal family to visit him there.

Back in April, the Duke of Edinburgh, 62, and his wife, Sophie, allegedly dropped by to see Andrew for a "brotherly welfare check," according to a Daily Mail source.

"Edward and Sophie had dinner with Andrew one night over the weekend and they talked things through," the insider claimed. "It's true to say they both feel sorry for Andrew and how far he has fallen, and they are worried about his fragile state of mind."

image of royal family
Source: MEGA

Prince Edward also allegedly saw ex-Prince Andrew in June during the Sandringham Horse Driving Trials.

"They do feel for him, but of course, that doesn't excuse his behavior," they continued." It's a difficult balancing act supporting him while not condoning what he has got involved with."

"Andrew still maintains has not done anything wrong and thinks he will be vindicated one day, but I think Edward will have tried to talk some sense into him and made it clear his days as a working royal are over," the source explained.

In June, Edward and Sophie, 61, also reportedly crossed paths with Andrew at the Sandringham Horse Driving Trials. The Royal Navy veteran briefly went to see the Duchess of Edinburgh compete before leaving quickly after.

More From OK! Magazine

    © Copyright 2026 OK!™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. OK! is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.