On October 21, Halyna Hutchins was fatally shot with a prop gun fired by Alec Baldwin while filming Rust.
Cast and crew members on the set at the time of the accident have since revealed what exactly went down in the moments immediately following the deadly gunshot.
According to a report from Los Angeles Times, witnesses on the scene recalled Hutchins’ last words after she was hit with a live round that was mysteriously loaded into a prop gun on the film set.
The 63-year-old was going over his plan for the scene with director Joel Souza when he pulled the trigger on what he thought was a safe firearm, sending a bullet through Hutchins’ chest before it also hit Souza.
Souza reportedly screamed, “What the f**k was that? That burns!” after Baldwin fired the gun, which the actor was told was “cold” — meaning it contained no live ammunition.
“What the f**k just happened?” Baldwin asked, according to the outlet.
Someone else on the scene then yelled “Medic!” while Serge Svetnoy, an electrician on the set, caught Hutchins’ body and laid her down on the ground.
- Halyna Hutchins' Son Didn't Speak For 2 Days Following The News Of His Mother's Tragic Death After Alec Baldwin Accidentally Shot Late Cinematographer On Set
- Alec Baldwin Posts 'Everything Is Going To Be Alright' On Instagram After Halyna Hutchins' Family Sues Actor For Wrongful Death
- Unreleased Video Of Alec Baldwin Immediately After 'Rust' Shooting Reveals Who He Called In Crisis
“I can’t feel my legs,” Svetnoy recalled her saying in the moments after she was hit, while other staffers rushed over to her.
A sound guy was quoted as saying, “Oh that was no good,” while others tried to stop the wound from bleeding. Hutchins reportedly replied, “No, that was no good. That was no good at all.”
Hutchins, who was working as the Director of Photography on the film, was airlifted to a nearby hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Baldwin has since been under scrutiny for the tragic accident, along with the film’s assistant director David Halls and armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who also handled the gun before the mishap.
As OK! previously reported, the 30 Rock alum has also been facing backlash from the public for his activity on social media following the incident.
On October 30, Baldwin dissed the U.S. government in a Tweet, which others on the platform found inappropriate considering the timing of the deadly shooting he was involved in less than two weeks ago.
“Have several seats, sir. Now is not the time to be on social media,” one user wrote, while another said, “Show respect and don’t tweet. Too soon.”
It is unclear whether or not Baldwin — who has previously spoken out as a gun control activist — will face repercussions for the accident, although the Santa Fe County Sheriff claimed last week that the actor is currently part of the focus of the ongoing investigation.