ROYAL FAMILY NEWSSecrecy Shrouds Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Return to the U.K.: Details of Their New Residence Not Being 'Disclosed for Privacy Reasons'

Mystery surrounds Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's U.K. return as details about their new home and the school of their children remain shrouded in secrecy.
Aug. 20 2026, Updated 7:42 a.m. ET
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's sudden return to the U.K. becomes shrouded in secrecy amid a lack of available information.
Although The Mirror confirmed that the pair have managed to secure “a private, non-royal home in Britain,” the details of their new home or which school their children, Prince Archie, 7 and Princess Lilibet, 5, will attend have not been “disclosed for security and privacy reasons.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Sudden Move Back to the U.K. Raises Questions

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle moved to the United States in 2020.
The couple moved to the United States in 2020 with their toddler son, after publicly announcing that they would be stepping back from their duties as senior working royals.
They welcomed their daughter in 2021 in America. As a result, the children have had limited interaction with their U.K.-based family, largely due to the ongoing rift between their parents and the rest of the royal family.

Prince William and Prince Harry's feud has reportedly resulted in their children not having a relationship.
In fact, reports suggest that even Prince William and Kate Middleton’s children, Prince George, 13, Princess Charlotte, 11, and Prince Louis, 8, have little to no relationship with their U.S.-based cousins.
This has raised questions about Harry and his wife's decision to uproot their family from the United States and go so far as to enrol their children into the British education system.
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle U.K. Return: Pair Have 'Secured a Private, Non-Royal Home in Britain' Outside of London
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Moving Back to the U.K. After Successful King Charles Visit
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Blindsided by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's U.K. Return, Claims Insider: 'They Are Still Loose Cannons'
Want OK! each day? Sign up here!
Prince Harry Has Been Outspoken About Not Thinking U.K. Is Safe for His Family

Prince Harry previously stated that the U.K. is unsafe for his family.
Prince Harry, too, has previously been outspoken about his belief that his home country is not safe enough for his family to visit after losing the taxpayer-funded police protection since their relocation to the States.
He told BBC last year that he believed returning to his home country without that level of security might be impossible.
“I can't see a world in which I would be bringing my wife and children back to the U.K. at this point,” he added.
Although it seems that he has changed his mind about the return, the ongoing secrecy surrounding his new residence and his children's school might be his strategy to avoid scrutiny and protect his family.

The details of how Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will navigate the security measures after moving back to Britain is unclear.
What the family will do about their security arrangements once they move back to the U.K. in the upcoming weeks remains to be seen.
After news broke of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s return to the U.K., a Home Office spokesperson said, “The UK Government’s protective security system is rigorous and proportionate,” according to The Mirror.
“It is our long-standing policy not to provide detailed information on those arrangements, as doing so could compromise their integrity and affect individuals’ security,” they added.


